Just a week away from this month’s Licensing Expo 2022, legendary studio and anime industry leader Toei Animation Inc. today released the first-ever licensing report for its One Piece franchise. This new report provides an annual wrap-up of licensing gains for One Piece, the 22-year old hit anime franchise from Toei Animation, and details new license agreements and license renewals as well as highlights significant collaborations across top merchandise categories. Over the past 16 months, Toei Animation amassed more than 20 agreements as a result of its One Piece licensing efforts – including both new license agreements and license renewals.
“We’re excited to release this first-ever report for One Piece – a franchise that has been entertaining fans around the world for over two decades and counting,” said Lisa Yamatoya, Director of Global Marketing for Toei Animation. “Last year’s 1000th episode of the TV series was a historic milestone for the One Piece and capped off a year of major licensing gains for the franchise. This momentum has continued into 2022 – driven in part by the upcoming theatrical release of ‘One Piece Film Red’ later this year.”
The new One Piece license agreements will offer fans a wide range of brand-new goods including apparel from Dim Mak, GCDS, and Original Stitch, statues and collectibles from Oniri Creations, Jimei Palace Studio, and Mighty Jaxx, sporting goods from VICTOR, gifts, and novelties from Monogram International, and a new video game from Bandai Namco Entertainment. The license renewals provide agreement extensions for current One Piece licensees including apparel from Ripple Junction, collectibles from Funko, and more.
Several of these new agreements lead to significant One Piece collaborations worth noting. Both apparel and accessories are two top categories for Toei Animation franchise collaborations and One Piece is no exception. Last year, Toei Animation brought fans five exciting One Piece capsule collections from apparel licensees BAIT, Atsuko by Bioworld, The Hundreds, and Original as well as accessories licensee Seiko Watch. This year, for starters, fans can look forward to not only new One Piece apparel collection drops from Dim Mak, GCDS, and Atsuko by Bioworld but also One Piece collectibles and sporting goods from Mighty Jaxx and VICTOR, respectively. And beyond that, there are several, yet-to-be-revealed apparel collection drops already in the works for late 2022 and 2023.
The list of new agreements and license renewals includes:
- Bandai Namco Entertainment: Leading video game publisher and developer for the new RPG title ONE PIECE ODYSSEY available on both game consoles and PCs.
- Bioworld: Global manufacturer for an Atsuko-branded collection of apparel and fashion accessories including t-shirts, accessories, and more. (image05)
- Boba Bear: Los Angeles-based beverage and boba chain Boba Bear and Bearology for a collection of branded cups, mason jars and other items for One Piece menu items.
- Dim Mak: DJ Steve Aoki’s fashion lifestyle brand for a limited edition merchandise collection including hoodies, t-shirts, accessories and skate decks.
- Funko: Leading pop culture lifestyle brand for a collection of Pop! vinyl figures based on fan-favorite characters from franchise. (image04)
- GCDS: Italian manufacturer of culture-wear for a collection of apparel and fashion accessories including crewnecks, t-shirts, hoodies, pants, socks and headwear.
- Jimei Palace Studio: Designer and manufacturer of collector’s statues for a series of limited edition resin statues.
- Mighty Jaxx: Singaporean designer and manufacturer of collectibles and lifestyle products for a collection of vinyl designer toy figures.
- Monogram International: Leading manufacturer of licensed giftware, toys, aged collectibles and souvenirs for a collection of merchandise including 3D foam keyrings and magnets.
- Oniri Creations: French designer and manufacturer of collector’s statues for a series of limited edition1/4, 1/6 and 1/10 scale resin statues.
- Original: Manufacturer of Japanese-crafted Original Stitch branded apparel and accessories for a collection of custom shirts, masks, and bandanas.
- Ripple Junction: Leading manufacturer for a collection of apparel and fashion accessories including t-shirts, long sleeves, hoodies, lounge pants, socks, beanies, bags and enamel pins.
- VICTOR: World’s leading brand in badminton industry offering the most technologically advanced badminton rackets, footwear, apparel, and badminton-specific accessories available in 60 countries across five continents for a collection of badminton sporting goods.
Source: Toei Animation Press Release
Leave a Reply