Matty talks back, let the rumors begin...
1) With the holidays fast approaching, can we look forward to any new product reveals on the Masters of the Universe Classics line or will we need to hold out until Toy Fair?
Evil Lyn will be shown in the next issue of Toy Fare magazine!
2) We recently noticed that Keldor and Count Marzo are both mentioned in King Randor's character bio. Does this mean that we can look forward to getting both of those figures next year?
I’ve read the speculation online and to put these rumors to rest, there is no connection to figures being mentioned on a bio and them appearing in the line. The bios are based on the figures and may mention other characters that are related to one another (friends, foes, etc…).
3) If the Masters of the Universe Classics line continues with its successful track record, would you consider adapting the Collect and Connect program to it in order to offer fans a chance to add larger and more originally sculpted characters to their collections?
I’ve looked into this, but really the Collect and Connect program is one that works for a retail line that is released in waves. Because MOTU Classics is an online toy line released one per month, it doesn’t lend itself to a Collect and Connect program. I am interested in doing some of the larger creatures and characters, and they are more likely to be released as a single toy, not broken up into parts.
4) You have stated in the past that all MOTUC figures you produce will have the classic look incorporated into their design regardless if they are original or 200X characters. Would you still however, consider making Evolutions of MOTUC packs which would consist of the same character in their original and 200X look?
No, I have no plans to do any 200X styled version of figures in the Classics line. I will do 200X characters (like King Grayskull and Zodak) but they will all be in the Classics style.
5) The Masters of the Universe cartoon and toys was an unforgettable part of my childhood but so were the Thundercats. Is obtaining the master toy license for Thundercats a long-term goal for Mattel?
Sorry, but I can’t discuss the possibilities of acquiring new properties.Be sure and visit SuperHeroTimes.com for even more Matty Q&A!
For a great selection of action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, Urban-Collector.com, BriansToys.com, DollsAmerica.com, ClarkToys.com, ToyWiz.com, SmallJoes.com, VNCToys.com, PastGenerationToys.com, MonkeyDepot.com, RPMDiecast.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, YesAnimation.com, and SuperheroToys.com.