NYCC Exclusive Play Arts Kai HALO Figure
Spartan MARK V (Silver)...
To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.
To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, SmallJoes.com, MonkeyDepot.com, and Urban-Collector.com.
For Gears of War and other collectible video game statues and replicas, visit TriForce.
For statues and sculptures, go to CSMooreStudio.com.
Square Enix announces that they will have several exclusive figures for sale at New York Comic Con. These include:
* HALO: COMBAT EVOLVED PLAY ARTS KAI SPARTAN MARK V (SILVER) - Available in a limited quantity of only 400 figures worldwide, this New York Comic Con exclusive was designed in collaboration with Microsoft and Square Enix. Each figure will come with an individually numbered sticker on the package, and will not be sold anywhere else. $55.
* HALO: REACH PLAY ARTS KAI RED/BLUE TEAM SPARTAN MARK V (Each Sold Separately) - Available in limited quantities, these event-exclusive figures were first introduced at San Diego Comic-Con (see our story HERE). This is the last chance to grab them. $50 each.
* PLAY ARTS -KAI- DISPLAY STAND Vol.2 - Available while supplies last, each PLAY ARTS KAI action figure purchase qualifies for a FREE display stand, capable of posing figures in dynamic poses. Free with figure purchase.
Other Square Enix NYCC activities include a variety of video game demos and panels. These are:
* FINAL FANTASY XIII-2: Serah and Noel are desperately searching for Lightning in the next installment from Square Enix’s all-star production team. FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 will be available on January 31, 2012.
* WAKFU: Discover the vibrant world of WAKFU, the turn-based, tactical MMORPG from Ankama. Featuring an amazing anime art style, players can choose from 14 distinct character classes and engage in questing, combat and crafting. Jump into a dynamic and bustling economy, explore the rich environments and even run for office! WAKFU will be available in early 2012.
* HEROES OF RUIN: This action-adventure using the StreetPass and SpotPass functionality for Nintendo 3DS features a band of unlikely heroes brought together to form a fearsome alliance. HEROES OF RUIN will be available in Spring 2012.
* DEAD ISLAND: In Deep Silver’s best-selling action title, the lush island paradise of Banoi truly is a holiday destination with everything - including a lethal zombie outbreak. DEAD ISLAND is available now.
* DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION: NYCC attendees are invited to experience the upcoming downloadable content of one of the best-selling games of the year. During lead character Adam Jensen’s quest for the truth in DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION, he mysteriously vanishes for three days. Where was he? What did he find out? “The Missing Link” DLC reveals it all. DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION is available now and “The Missing Link” DLC will be released later this month.
New York Comic Con attendees are invited to join “East Meets West: Art Direction for a Worldwide Audience” on Friday, Oct. 14 from 10:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. for an exclusive panel presenting concept and finished art from FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 and DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION. Moderated by industry consultant and former Newsweek senior writer, N’Gai Croal, the panel will include an in-depth discussion between Isamu Kamikokuryo, art director of FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 and Jonathan Jacques-BelletÍte, art director of DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION.
Other Square Enix events include:
* Friday, Oct. 14, (2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.): Fans can participate in TOMB RAIDER’s 15th anniversary celebration by attending an exclusive signing session featuring urban contemporary artist Camilla d’Errico. Attendees can stop by the Square Enix booth to receive a free 5x7 art print and autograph featuring d’Errico’s unique interpretation of TOMB RAIDER.
* Thursday-Sunday, Oct. 13-16 (all day): The FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 “Word to Your Moogle” tour embarks on its third and last stop at New York Comic Con, where fans can enter to win event-exclusive prizes. The leaderboard and official contest rules can be found at wordtoyourmoogle.com. The contest will run every day during show hours at the Square Enix booth.
* Friday, Oct. 14, (8 p.m. to 10 p.m.): Square Enix teams up with Machinima and Destructoid to celebrate the January 31 launch of FINAL FANTASY XIII-2. Attendees of the event at Tonic Bar (727 7th Ave., Times Square) will be treated to drinks as well as exclusive swag and the chance to win premium prizes during the FINAL FANTASY trivia contest.
* Friday, Oct. 14, (11 a.m. and 1 p.m.), Saturday and Sunday Oct. 15-16 (11 a.m. and 2 p.m.): HEROES OF RUIN fans can receive a free poster signed by Adi Granov, the cover artist for HEROES OF RUIN, whose most notable works include the Iron Man: Extremis series and the Iron Man films. With the poster, you’ll also be entered into a raffle to win a free Nintendo 3DS at the end of the day, Friday through Sunday.