Minutes to Midnight: Twelve Essays on Watchmen
In-depth book examines the legendary graphic novel...
For a great selection of superhero action figures and collectibles, check out fine sponsors BigBadToyStore.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, PastGenerationToys.com, Urban-Collector.com, ZoloWorld.com, SmallJoes.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, and Sekaido.com.
For a great selection of pop culture t-shirts and apparel, check out TShirtGurus.com and 80sTees.com.
To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.
Sequart Research & Literacy Organization's Minutes to Midnight: Twelve Essays on Watchmen is now available for order through comic shops (use Diamond order code AUG101288). The book, edited by Richard Bensam, is set to hit stores in late October.
Minutes to Midnight offers 12 concise essays that examine the legendary graphic novel from varied, sometimes surprising viewpoints:
* Reassembling the Components in the Correct Sequence: Why You Shouldn't Read Watchmen First, by Walter Hudsick
* Bringing Light to the World: Watchmen from Hiroshima to Manhattan, by Peter Sanderson
* The End Is Nigh: The Limits of Watchmen, by Geoff Klock
* The Smartest Man in the Morgue: Watchmen and "Twelve Notes on the Mystery Story," by Chad Nevett
* Somebody Has to Save the World: Captain Metropolis and Role Playing Watchmen, by Tim Callahan
* 58 Varieties: Watchmen and Revisionism, Julian Darius
* Some Different Sort of Time: Watchmen as Cinema, by Patrick Meaney
* At Play Amidst the Strangeness and Charm: Watchmen and the Philosophy of Science, by William Ritchie
* The Last Laugh: Understanding Watchmen's Big Joke, by John Loyd
* How the Ghost of You Clings: Watchmen and Music, by Mary Borsellino
* Blotting Out Reality: Questioning Rorschach, by Gene Phillips
* Nothing Ever Ends: Structural Symmetries in Watchmen, by Jon Cormier
Minutes to Midnight: Twelve Essays on Watchmen: Softcover, 6"x9", 184 pgs, B&W, $19.95 cover price