Kidrobot announces the release of an all-new, limited edition Andy Warhol 8” Dunny Masterpiece Collection based on iconic art pieces from the world-renowned artist, Andy Warhol. The first Warhol Dunny Masterpiece “Brillo” is now available for purchase on Kidrobot.com and in stores everywhere priced at $250. Additional collection items will become available now throughout 2018.
The Andy Warhol 8” Dunny Masterpiece collection, each limited to 500 pieces worldwide and packaged in a premium box, kicks off with a Kidrobot take on one of Warhol’s most controversial pieces, the Brillo Soap Pad Box. Created in 1964 because he “wanted something ordinary,” the Brillo Box series pushed the boundaries of what art is as Warhol once said “Art is what you can get away with.” Upcoming Andy Warhol 8” Dunny Masterpiece collection items include Andy, Campbell’s and TV Dunny.
The Kidrobot x Andy Warhol 8” Dunny Masterpiece collection features:
- Brillo — One of Warhol’s most controversial pieces, the Brillo Box piece is a must-have for any art collector! Now available on Kidrobot.com.
- Andy — Donned in a stripe shirt and signature glasses, this piece is our tribute to the pop culture icon. Releasing February 2017!
- Campbell’s — Motivated by a friend’s suggestion to paint “something you see every day and something everyone would recognize. Something like a can of Campbell’s soup,” the third Dunny in this series is a homage to Andy Warhol’s most iconic piece. Releasing May 2017!
- TV Dunny — “In the future everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes.” Perhaps the most iconic quote attributed to Andy Warhol has now been immortalized on a 8” Dunny. The next in line in the Warhol Masterpiece collection, the TV Dunny features a test pattern for a TV screen and the quote for which Warhol is most famous for on the back. Releasing June 2017!
- More to come throughout 2017 and 2018!
“We’re excited to expand upon our Kidrobot x Andy Warhol collection with the addition of our Dunny Masterpiece series and pay homage to one of the world’s most iconic artists,” said, Allen Richardson, Vice President of Product and Marketing at Kidrobot. “Now Warhol and Kidrobot fans worldwide can enjoy the best of Warhol in the unique and beloved Kidrobot Dunny platform.”