What Has happened to Star Trek toys?

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

What Has happened to Star Trek toys?

Hey I'm new here but always come to Figures.Com to find the latest news in action figures and toys plus to admire the great images the Figures.com guys take at the various events.

What brought me to joining up was a kind of frustration that i've been feeling ever since this time last year. Star Trek...

Arguably one of the best movies of 2009 got lumbered with arguably one of the worst toy lines EVER!!!

So my question to anyone with an opinion, what has happened? Why has Star Trek been lumbered with companies that aren't doing the best they can with their licenses?

I was appalled at the quality and selection that Playmates put out and was disappointed Hasbro didn't get the license. I see all these amazing toys for Iron Man, Star Wars hell even Terminator Salvation yet Star Trek has been given what seems to me as the cheap and cheerful treatment rather than the care and attention it deserves - surely if a company like Hasbro thought about what kids would like - Star Trek would sell? or is Star Trek just really not that popular still?

I hope come 2012 Hasbro have the license and can do something really really great with it - voice changing borg helmets, new movie Enterprise with firing torpedos, lights and sounds etc... and great 3 3/4 scale figures in keeping with Hasbro's quality work on lines such as Iron Man 2 and Star Wars.

Anyway - a slight rant but it would be cool to hear other peoples opinion because i really like Star Trek and i don't think it's potential has been reached in terms of what a toy line could look like, who wouldn't want a 2 foot Enterprise toy with action features! and a collection of 3 3/4 scale figures from Hasbro

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: What Has happened to Star Trek toys?

I have been collecting the 12" figures from the recent movie and when they got reduced to £4.99 over here in the UK I thought i'd buy in bulk and use the uniforms to make my own kitbashed crew... plenty of blue and amber shirts... just had to wait for the Scotty figure to be released to bet my red shirt...

...but after a wait I decided to Email Playmates customer services, and i'm sorry to report that I was told Scotty and Uhura are not being released

The figures are previewed on their website, which leads me to think that they must have gone pretty far down the road to production on these figures - so my question is this... will there be a stockpile of these figures in a warehouse somewhere in China??? Or more importantly will there be a stockpile of red-shirt uniforms???

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.