REVIEW: Gecco 1:6 Scale Silent Hill 3 ROBBIE THE RABBIT PVC Statue (Green Version)

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

REVIEW: Gecco 1:6 Scale Silent Hill 3 ROBBIE THE RABBIT PVC Statue (Green Version)

Move Over Clowns, There's A New Creepy In Town...

I LOVE horror movies and games, but some things will always creep me out. Clowns scare the crap out of me. Baby dolls give me the willies. Miley Cyrus twerking... well, that's a whole other story. Now thanks to games like Five Nights at Freddy's and Silent Hill, you can add anthropomorphic animals to that list. Animatronic or a guy in a suit, the critter's furry cuteness combined with a bloody chainsaw is a recipe for real terror.

Featured prominently in the world of Silent Hill 3, Robbie the Rabbit is the mascot for Lakeside Amusement Park. His role in the game is mostly to creep you out, making you wonder if someone, dead or alive, is inside the suit. Robbie also appears in later Silent Hill releases and has become extremely popular with the community. Now thanks to Gecco, Robbie the Rabbit fans have a fun figure to collect: the 1:6 Scale Silent Hill 3 ROBBIE THE RABBIT PVC Statue.

Robbie is normally seen in the games with pink fur, and occasionally blue and yellow. This green color variant was briefly seen in “兎 usagi”, a bonus film by Robbie the Rabbit creator Usagi Tanaka included with the DVD “Lost Memories: The Art & Music of Silent Hill". Just getting a collectible of this crazy character is special in itself, but to own an exclusive green version of Robbie is doubly so. Green Robbie is exclusively distributed by D4TOYS and a few are still available HERE priced at $155.

Packaging for Robbie the Rabbit is a large closed window box affair. Designed to appear as an attraction at Lakeside Amusement Park, the box does a great job of hammering home the horror. Like all Gecco figure releases, the sides of the packaging are extremely informative, providing the collector with some nice background on Silent Hill, Robbie the Rabbit, and even the team responsible for creating the statue. The back of the pack features an unsettling Robbie the Rabbit elevator group pic by Usagi Tanaka.

Exclusive green colorway aside, the second thing you'll note about this Robbie statue is that it is flocked, a technique used to replicate fur on a toy. It's not obvious in the photos, but in-hand it looks and feels great. A flocked collectible must be handled with some care and Gecco provides some instructions, along with two pieces of clear vinyl to protect your figure while holding his weapons. I didn't find them necessary for simple shelf display, but their inclusion was very thoughtful on Gecco's part.

Speaking of weapons, Robbie comes with two. One is a long vac-metal plated plastic pipe. It's not real metal, but it certainly looks like it. While being bludgeoned to death by a killer bunny is a nice option, my money is on the awesome chainsaw. Reading "Together We Are One" on the blade, the realistic weapon adds a cool Texas Chainsaw Massacre vibe to the piece. I know I'd be scared senseless if a chainsaw wielding rabbit came running after me. Both weapons fit nice a snug in either of Robbie's hands (paws?). While the Robbie the Rabbit statue stands perfectly fine on its own, a pegged display base that resembles a steel floor is also included.

As the unofficial mascot of the Silent Hill series, Robbie the Rabbit is a unique collectible treat for fans. He's certainly not as well-known as Pyramid Head to those outside of the community, but what's not to love about a bloody bunny with a chainsaw? Follow the link below for more photos of this Silent Hill terror...

Review and Photos by Jeff Saylor

Review Sample Courtesy of Gecco

Keep up with all the latest toy news by following Figures.com on Facebook and Twitter!

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, TheToySource.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and EntertainmentEarth.com.

For hobby miniatures and all your gaming needs, visit MiniatureMarket.com.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1robbieWEAPONS.jpg 
Views:	1904 
Size:	306.6 KB 
ID:	311222   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1robbieEND.jpg 
Views:	3171 
Size:	258.6 KB 
ID:	311223   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1robbiePACK.jpg 
Views:	1751 
Size:	304.4 KB 
ID:	311224   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1robbieTOP.jpg 
Views:	2021 
Size:	209.6 KB 
ID:	311225   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1robbieVIEWS.jpg 
Views:	1858 
Size:	263.4 KB 
ID:	311226  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.