REVIEW: REVIEW: Gecco 1:6 Scale Bloodborne HUNTER PVC Statue

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

REVIEW: Gecco 1:6 Scale Bloodborne HUNTER PVC Statue

Move Over Van Helsing, There's a New Monster Hunter In Town...

As an Xbox One owner, nothing frustrates me more than a cool-looking game I can't play. Exclusive to the PlayStation 4, Bloodborne is one such title that makes me long for game equality; a truce on the battlefield of the console wars. As a character called the "Hunter," players search the city streets of Yharnam for the cause of a mysterious outbreak. Not your typical plague, this blood-borne disease (ah ha!) turns people into terrifying beasts. While I hear the game is brutally challenging (after all, it's from the creators of the Dark Souls series), the gothic art direction is simply amazing, oozing with this twisted Van Helsing meets Resident Evil vibe.

Bloodborne received raving reviews, but as is so often the case with new video games, there's hardly any collectibles on the market. Thankfully, Gecco has faith in Bloodborne and has released a 1:6th scale PVC statue of the Hunter. This stunning piece can be ordered now through Gecco Direct priced at $299 with free shipping. Bloodborne collectibles may be scarce, but Gecco's Hunter statue more than makes up for the shortage.

Like previous Gecco releases, the Hunter comes packaged in a large shoe box similar to what you'd find a 1:6th scale action figure in. The front shows off an artistic rendering of the statue inside, while the back treats viewers to the game's gorgeous cover art. The sides are reserved for information on the character and game, as well as a listing of all those responsible at Gecco for creating this cool collectible.

The statue and all of its accessories are carefully stowed on a plastic tray that slides out of top. Illustrated instructions are provided on a cardboard insert behind this tray, however assembly is so straightforward that you won't need them. Simply remove the round cobblestone base, plug the Hunter onto the corresponding pegs, and insert his two weapon-gripping hands. Easy peasy. I absolutely love the no fuss assembly on this piece, the statue ready to display in mere minutes.

For a pose, Gecco safely (and wisely) went with the Hunter as he appears on the game's cover art: our hero standing defiantly with weapons at the ready. While not the most action-oriented pose, it's not only instantly recognizable, but it allows the Hunter's monster-slaying weapons to truly standout on display. This part is important because Gecco has plans to release additional weapons as part of the Bloodborne Arms Collection (see our story HERE). So far only the Hunter Axe has been revealed, but the prospect of being able to further customize your statue is brilliant. As is, the Hunter Blunderbuss and Saw Cleaver that come with the statue are beautifully sculpted. While the Blunderbuss looks super cool, the Saw Cleaver is the true star of the show with its ability to actually swing open for two distinct display options. These weapons come with the Hunter's hands pre-attached to them and plug in easily at the wrist. Swapping them out for new weapons shouldn't be any problem.

This Hunter statue is a real treat for Bloodborne fans. While rather pricey at $299, it is a large, quality piece that positively reflects the amazing art design of the game. I may have been denied the opportunity to play Bloodborne, but that hasn't stopped me from recognizing a cool collectible when I see one.

The Bloodborne Hunter PVC Statue is available for order now through Gecco Direct.

CLICK HERE FOR OVER 60 NEW PHOTOS OF GECCO's BLOODBORNE HUNTER PVC STATUE!

Review and Photos by Jeff Saylor

Review Sample Courtesy of Gecco

Keep up with all the latest toy news by following Figures.com on Facebook and Twitter!

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, TheToySource.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, MonkeyDepot.com, and EntertainmentEarth.com.

For hobby miniatures and all your gaming needs, visit MiniatureMarket.com.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1bloodbornePACK.jpg 
Views:	9944 
Size:	297.0 KB 
ID:	308262   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1bloodborneVIEWS.jpg 
Views:	9050 
Size:	308.2 KB 
ID:	308263   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1bloodborneCLOSE.jpg 
Views:	10978 
Size:	269.4 KB 
ID:	308264   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1bloodborneEND.jpg 
Views:	11645 
Size:	259.7 KB 
ID:	308265   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1bloodborneWEAPONS.jpg 
Views:	14123 
Size:	239.4 KB 
ID:	308266  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.