REVIEW: PHOTO REVIEW: Art Figures 1:6 Boy Black (Riddick)

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

PHOTO REVIEW: Art Figures 1:6 Boy Black (Riddick)

"There's Gonna Be One Speed - Mine."...

Art Figures follows up last year's phenomenal Heavy Armoured Special Cop, aka: Dredd (read my review HERE) with another oddly named, but very recognizable sci-fi movie hero: Boy Black, aka: Riddick. Like Dredd, there is obviously some skirting the corners with licensing with this figure, but don't let the generic name fool you. This figure is 100% Vin Diesel as the star of Pitch Black (thus the Boy Black name), highly underrated Chronicles of Riddick, and 2013's awesome adventure, Riddick. Vin recently announced over the weekend that plans are in place for a fourth film titled Furia. Sounds like Riddick will finally be heading home.

Anyways, this figure, while simple as far as its outfit and accessories, absolutely amazes with the thing that counts the most: a dead-accurate Vin Diesel head sculpt. The entire figure hinges on Art Figures getting this right, and they exceed all expectations down to Riddick's eerie pale see-in-the-dark eyes. The accessories, while light, are all you need for a Riddick figure. He comes with his iconic curved saber blades, each super pointy and cast in hefty die-cast metal, along with a bonus bladed weapon, also metal. His final weapon is a Necromonger dagger, this ornately detailed weapon cast in plastic and including a sheath that attaches to Riddick's ankle. He also comes with his trademark black goggles cast in a hard rubber-like plastic. These fit extremely snug and tight - a good thing - but be extra carefully sliding them on. While durable, I can see them snapping if pulled off and on enough times with force. Riddick also includes a pair of fisted hands, a pair of gripping hands (nice solid grip on the saber blades), and a pair of bendy finger hands. Lastly, the figure features a pair of shackles and Riddick's survival harness. The plastic cuffs, while nice looking, I don't see many people using for display. The latter simply slides onto the figure and snaps shut in the front. This rig features a drinking system and two slots on the back to place Riddick's saber claws.

As a die-hard Riddick fan, I absolutely love this figure. The sculpt is a true knock-out and I really appreciate the no fuss attitude of this collectible. Out of the box Riddick is almost ready to display. Just slap on his harness, slide on his goggles and swap the fisted hands for ones gripping the saber claws and Riddick is good to go. The 1:6th scale Boy Black (Riddick) collectible figure is currently in-stock at select one sixth figure retailers such as MonkeyDepot.com where it is priced at only $139.99, an unheard price for a 1:6th scale figure these days. Act now if you want one, that low price won't last long once these bad boys sell out.

Keep up with all the latest toy news by following Figures.com on Facebook and Twitter!

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, TheToySource.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, MonkeyDepot.com, and EntertainmentEarth.com.

For hobby miniatures and all your gaming needs, visit MiniatureMarket.com.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN7244.JPG 
Views:	3774 
Size:	244.7 KB 
ID:	307205   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN7214.JPG 
Views:	2681 
Size:	208.0 KB 
ID:	307206   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1riddickgoggles.jpg 
Views:	3728 
Size:	234.1 KB 
ID:	307207  
    Last edited by JeffSaylor; 11-25-2015 at 11:16 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.