REVIEW: PHOTO REVIEW: NECA's Commando John Matrix Ultimate Action Figure

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

PHOTO REVIEW: NECA's Commando John Matrix Ultimate Action Figure

Over 100 New Photos!...

NECA's latest "Ultimate" 7-inch scale action figure has hit retail: Arnold Schwarzenegger as John Matrix from 1985's shoot 'em up Commando. Where previous NECA Ultimate releases have seen great past figures re-released with tons of gear and accessories (T-800, Freddy and Leatherface), Commando is an all-new license and the first time collectors have been treated to this character. Making Commando an Ultimate figure was a smart move. While NECA could have turned this into a full series (John Matrix with missile launcher, John Matrix shirtless with shotgun, etc. etc), Commando isn't quite the same caliber movie as say, Predator or Terminator. In other words, doing a full Commando figure line would have been risky. As an Ultimate release, NECA is able to get this cool classic out as a one-off - fully locked and loaded.

And is this figure loaded! Arnie comes with most all of his major movie weapons. Firearms include: tactical knife, Desert Eagle Mark I pistol (fits in thigh holster), the cool Valmet M78/83 light machine gun (pictured draped over his shoulder above), M60E3 (sans bullet belt, can be slung on his shoulder), and a M202A1 FLASH four barrel rocket launcher. We're missing that Remington 870 shotgun, but I'm not complaining, the gear here is more than adequate, especially that rocket launcher! It features a shoulder strap so it can be held or slung over John Matrix's shoulder, along with a handle that folds out and a exhaust port that pulls out. If that wasn't cool enough, NECA provides two missiles (one with a contrail) that can be plugged in as if they were being launched!

NECA's Commando John Matrix Ultimate Action Figure is in stores now priced at a SRP of $25.99. This is a must-have action figure for your Arnold collection and it'll have you reciting Commando quotes every time you pick it up: "You're a funny guy, Sully. I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last," "...And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired," and my all-time favorite, "Let off some steam, Bennett." Good stuff.

Keep up with all the latest toy news by following Figures.com on Facebook and Twitter!

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, TheToySource.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, MonkeyDepot.com, and EntertainmentEarth.com.

For hobby miniatures and all your gaming needs, visit MiniatureMarket.com.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1commandoTOP.jpg 
Views:	9510 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	306080   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4386.JPG 
Views:	6190 
Size:	222.1 KB 
ID:	306081  
    Last edited by JeffSaylor; 10-02-2015 at 03:10 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.