REVIEW: PHOTO REVIEW: NECA Mego-Style ‪‎Iron Maiden‬ - PIECE OF MIND EDDIE

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

PHOTO REVIEW: NECA Mego-Style ‪‎Iron Maiden‬ - PIECE OF MIND EDDIE

Metal Health'll Drive You Mad...

I'm not the biggest Iron Maiden fan, though I've long worshiped their album artwork. Featuring Eddie, the covers have depicted the zombie-like mascot in a number of themed settings, such as a futuristic cyborg (Somewhere in Time), Egyptian mummy (Powerslave), and my personal favorite, a lobotomised mental patient (Piece of Mind). It doesn't hurt that Piece of Mind also has some of my favorite Maiden songs on it, namely the metal classics "Flight of Icarus" and "The Trooper". NECA has produced an action figure of Eddie from the 1983 album before, the chained creature including an amazing padded room display base. For those that missed that figure, or are like me and just can't have enough Eddie, Piece of Mind Eddie returns to shelves as part of NECA's newer Mego-style 8-inch figure series.

While sans the cool diorama, this Eddie still retains a powerful mental metal attitude. The head portrait in particular is really nice, Eddie's crazed look easily surpassing the 7-inch figure's sculpt in detail and expression. NECA's Mego-style figures have only gotten more articulated as the series has progressed, the company now using the Type 2 body. Ironically, Piece of Mind Eddie doesn't use half of it, NECA purposefully restraining figure arm movement with, what else, a real-cloth straight jacket! Complete with numerous faux leather straps, buckles and real-metal chains, Eddie looks like he has just escaped from a mental asylum. So yeah, while the padded room base is missed, posing Eddie in a variety of insane poses as if he has broken free is still pretty cool.

Zombie (the undead variety, not Rob) and Iron Maiden fans are gonna love this figure. Piece of Mind Eddie is available now at many fine retailers, including BigBadToyStore.com where it is priced at $27.99. Coming up next this November: combat Eddie from the Iron Maiden Powerslave single, "2 Minutes to Midnight"!

All Photos by Jeff Saylor
    Review Sample Courtesy of NECA

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, TheToySource.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, MonkeyDepot.com, and EntertainmentEarth.com.

For hobby miniatures and all your gaming needs, visit MiniatureMarket.com.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9400.JPG 
Views:	8492 
Size:	208.2 KB 
ID:	304304   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9429.JPG 
Views:	5632 
Size:	274.6 KB 
ID:	304305  
    Last edited by JeffSaylor; 07-30-2015 at 03:02 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.