REVIEW: PHOTO REVIEW: SDCC'15 Exclusive Pacific Rim Mini Figure Set

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

PHOTO REVIEW: SDCC'15 Exclusive Pacific Rim Mini Figure Set

And Now for Something Completely Different...

When you have been collecting as long as I have, you begin to seek out the strange and unusual. Realistic figures are all fine and dandy, but realism starts to go stale after so many incarnations of a character are made. Take Pacific Rim, for example. Unless you're the Gypsy Danger's biggest fan, I think we can all safely agree that enough realistic collectibles of the robot have been released. That's why I lit up like a Christmas tree when NECA announced that they'd be releasing a Pacific Rim Mini Figure Set as a San Diego Comic-Con 2015 exclusive. This isn't your typical set of mini figures, where all of NECA's Kaiju and Jaeger action figures have simply been shrunk down in size. No, these are chibi; small stylized toys, the form popularized by the designer art toy movement and Japanese super-deformed figures. It is not a style everybody appreciates. Some would say they look silly. I say to each their own. They're different, and that excites me. What also excites me is that these figures can also be considered movie replicas as they are the same little figures seen in the film's opening prologue (pictured below). That's pretty cool and to me infinitely more appealing than a convention exclusive repaint.

This set is priced at $50 and includes five mini figures: Kaiju Karloff, Hardship (which is also getting a realistic figure I am looking forward to) and Trespasser, along with Jaeger's Romeo Blue and Horizon Brave. Each hard plastic figure stands about 3-inches tall and a few feature minimal articulation, such as their arms and waist. Check out more photos of this exclusive mini figure set by following the link below!

All Photos by Jeff Saylor
    Review Sample Courtesy of NECA

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, TheToySource.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, MonkeyDepot.com, and EntertainmentEarth.com.

For hobby miniatures and all your gaming needs, visit MiniatureMarket.com.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1minisRIM.jpg 
Views:	2956 
Size:	281.3 KB 
ID:	304302   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PR_Toys.jpg 
Views:	1632 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	304303  
    Last edited by JeffSaylor; 07-29-2015 at 12:40 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.