Welcome to figures.com
Can we continue to use your data to tailor ads for you?

Our partners will collect data and use cookies for ad personalization and measurement.

Learn more about how we use cookies

https://www.figures.com/forums
Sign-up now! It's free and easy. Registration ►
/ Forum / News REVIEW: REVIEW: Monsters University Mini Cosbabies

REVIEW: Monsters University Mini Cosbabies

12:11 PM 09-15-2013
JeffSaylor
Back To School With New Hot Toys Collectibles...

[HR][/HR]To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance, the official insurance company of the Figures.com network. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, AlterEgoComics.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and MonkeyDepot.com.

[HR][/HR]

Hong Kong toymakers Hot Toys, most famous for their highly detailed 1/6th scale figures, also has a very different side to them: Mini Cosbabies. These pint-sized figurines are quite the opposite of the hyper real and heavily detailed movie based figures. They’re the cuter caricaturized baby versions and that means they’re really hard to resist. For Monsters University, Hot Toys has released six new figures in a nifty set. They’re also released separately but definitely harder to track all of them down.

Standing at approximately 3 inches tall each, the set comes with all your favorites from the fraternity of Oozma Kappa:

MIKE WAZOWSKI: Here he is in student mode complete with fraternity baseball cap and backpack. While his limbs are removable, his gear isn’t! The sculpt shows a more suave and almost cocky looking Mike with a sideways smile filled with metal braces… painted on of course. Mike comes with two suitcases just like he had when moving in to Monsters University for the first time, although it is rather suspect that he has an Oozma Kappa cap, something that doesn’t happen until later. I suppose you can pretend this is Mike at the end of the film finishing up school.

Mike is articulated in the arms, wrists and legs.

SULLEY: The Sulley mini cosbaby from Monsters, Inc. gave us a confident closed mouth smirk but here we have Sulley in full college frat party mode! With a big toothy grin and sporting an OK T-shirt, Sulley intends to win the year’s Scare Games.

Sulley is articulated in the neck and arms.

SQUISHY: The chubby, pink, five-eyed monster is here with an Oozma Kappa sweater and hat, forever waving. This mini cosbaby has no points of articulation and is just there to look squishy and cute.

ART: My favorite new monster character in the film, Art is just a purple upside down U. Also without articulation, Art is wearing Oozma Kappa leg warmers.

TERRI & TERRY: The orange colored two-headed monster has tentacles for legs and two sets of arms, although he’s only articulated in the neck.

DON: The last and oldest guy in the group is Don. He’s wearing a green polo and has a separate piece for glasses. His tentacle arms are poseable.

Priced at $69.99 for the set, it comes off just a tad less expensive than buying them individually at $11.99 each. The window box looks great as you can see every figure in the set so it’s a good display even without opening them. The cardboard backdrop features their college campus and can be used in your open box display as well. The back of the box features fun illustrations of each monster in front of a door and their name.

I’ll have to admit, these little Cosbabies are pretty darn cute and even without articulation, I really dig them. This set especially seems more fun because each monster has a more unique sculpt rather than the usual sets of similar looking figures. I would have preferred Mike not have a backpack attached though since he looks like he’s on a mission compared with the others, but I digress.

If you’re a fan of Mini Cosbabies and especially Monsters University, these are the figures for you!

Review and Photography by David Yeh

Mini Cosbabies Courtesy of Hot Toys

[HR][/HR]
Attached:          

10:46 PM 10-04-2022
harry8238
These mini cos babies are basically designed by university students as their final year project. They beautifully demonstrate this using link and this animation is just incredible.
10:50 PM 10-04-2022
harry8238
hello good one
12:28 AM 06-29-2023
back2
It's great to hear about Hot Toys' Mini Cosbabies and their adorable caricaturized baby versions of the characters.

Marietta Drywall Contractors
05:08 AM 07-05-2023
johnsoto
OMG! They look so cute. I want to buy them for my son in pizza tower
10:20 AM 07-24-2023
kalvindarwan
I am dreaming to have this in my collection. atlantamoldremediation.net retaining wall construction auckland
12:23 AM 09-08-2023
dorothyconnor
These Cosbabies are created by University students. Students do this as a project. I used to do such projects in my university life. Now I will suggest you to use this Heartstopper S2 Kit Connor Jacket in terms of fashion in this winter season.
12:26 AM 09-15-2023
back2
These pint-sized, caricaturized versions bring a cute twist to the usual highly detailed figures. | install garage floor
10:01 PM 09-22-2023
Angel17
Very nice stuff. Perfect for all kids. roofing companies Lima Ohio
03:02 PM 09-24-2023
ValleyFence
Thanks for sharing! Home Fencing