Halo 4 Haul

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Halo 4 Haul

Halo 4 Haul

Yesterday I purchased the Collectors 4 pack but today I went to Target to snag a Cryo Tube Box and saw the ODST Drop Pod sitting there.

It was $45 which is about $20 too much but I got it and the Cryo Tube. Holy crap that is$110 plus tax for the Cryo Tube, 4 Pack and the ODST Drop Pod. Whew I hope those enemies do not come out for a few months. I am curious who that mystery new enemy it says is coming on the box with no picture.

My thoughts on each item.

ODST Drop Pod - I think overall it was exciting to see something new introduced into the line up. The price is not realistic for kids that will ask their parents for one and it could of be a little more detailed inside. It functions pretty well though but they should have made it lean back as an option and not only stand straight up. My biggest issue with this item and this goes back to most ODST stuff is that figure flexibility. The really should keep these ODST on the Spartan platform like the few ODST's from the Reach line, specifically the Gamestop Exclusives. Even some of the Halo 3 ODST's figures are far better suited for this item. I can only imagine they did it to keep the pod size as small as they could because the ODST is basically the same size as the Halo 3 ODST collection.

Last note - I always thought the ODST's stood up in the pod and not sat down.

CRYO-TUBE - The Cryo Tube itself is really neat and again the freshness of it is what makes it so attractive. While this should have been made back when Halo CE came out it is still nice to have now with all the frosty niceness. The downfall of this item is 2 fold. One is the figure itself. The new design is a more flexible at the wrists but not as solid as the hand popped off easily. The other part is the gun that is included is imbedded in the plastic and has 2 thin plastic things under the barrel and one is half cracked just from taking it out of the package. The guns truly do not need that molded plastic for shipping that can lead to this kind of stuff. Just slap them in a square and the same tape will old them in place just as well. Oh and before I forget, McFarlane totally messed up the MC figure. Both this and the Collectors 4 pack have a figure where the shoulder guards and not like the ones you see in anything 343 has released. They sit too low and I have side by sides I posted on Spawn on Facebook asking why.

Here are some pix I took.

CRYO-TUBE-3 by Phastroh1, on Flickrv

CRYO-TUBE-4 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

CRYO-TUBE-1 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

CRYO-TUBE-2 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

CRYO-TUBE-6 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

CRYO-TUBE-5 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

ODST-8 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

ODST-4 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

ODST-3 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

ODST-5 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

ODST-7 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

ODST-6 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

ODST-2 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

ODST-1 by Phastroh1, on Flickr

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Halo 4 Haul

Looks very nice!
    Welcome to 7-HOBBY.COM

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.