Welcome to figures.com
Can we continue to use your data to tailor ads for you?

Our partners will collect data and use cookies for ad personalization and measurement.

Learn more about how we use cookies

https://www.figures.com/forums
Sign-up now! It's free and easy. Registration ►
/ Forum / News CARD BACK: DST's Vampire: The Masquerade (2001)

DST's Vampire: The Masquerade (2001)

08:27 AM 05-19-2011
JeffSaylor
These figures had no bite...

DIAMOND SELECT TOYS' VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE
7" x 10"

[HR][/HR] To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.

For a great selection of action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, ToyDorks.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, SmallJoes.com, MonkeyDepot.com, and Sekaido.com.

For an amazing selection of original sculptures, statues, prints and DVDs be sure to check out ShiflettBrothers.com.

[HR][/HR]It must have been slim pickin's for Diamond to have chosen this obscure license. Based on a role-playing game centered around vampires in a modern gothic-punk world, Vampire: The Masquerade had a great premise. The problem with the figures was their total lack of imaginative design. They are just ordinary looking people, which yes, vampires usually are, but without anything to really make them standout, end up coming across as boring toys. Count Dracula these are not. Action figures based on another role-playing property set in the same universe - Werewolf: The Apocalypse - were also planned, but to my recollection, were never released. A shame, werewolves have much more style.

>> CARDBACK ARCHIVE <<

[HR][/HR]
Attached:    
10:13 AM 05-20-2011
S'laargorath
I was so looking forward to the vampire chick in this line and was sooo disappointed when I actually saw them in stores and discovered that they were in a puny 3" scale instead of the 6"-7" scale I had been expecting.

I didn't buy one and I don't think anybody else did either. These things were warming the pegs for months.

To this day I can't figure out WHY Diamond chose that ridiculous scale. It went with absolutely NO other vampire or horror figures on the market at the time.