Questions for companies at San Diego Comic Con

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

Questions for companies at San Diego Comic Con

I haven't ranted in awhile. This could get rough. Give me a hell yeah if you agree or shut if you don't.

Bandai: Are you aware Saint Seiya is dead? I just went to Otakon and nobody cares about it. Nobody buys it or mentions it. One Piece is strong but you might want to see if anyone wants what you're making now and Dragonball would be great if it weren't the same 5-6 figures all the damn time. Repetition makes for boredom. Kai can't save DBZ with you guys drilling it into the ground.

Bleeding Edge: The dolls aren't that great. The figures were your real genius and you don't make them anymore. A dead website, a dead toy line, and next a dead company. Be glad I'm not an investor.

C.S. Moore: You used to have the best figure sculpts in the game. Now statues are it. Statues suck. Maybe if they make a statues.com we can have figures.com back.

DC Direct: You guys came out guns blazing. My only gripe is I can't find your blackest night figures ANYWHERE except online.

Hasbro: I see you finally mentioned Marvel Legends again. To that I say, Can we please give the license to someone else? It's obvious they don't want to make money off of it. Are they trying to prevent anyone else? And marvel universe is plastic crap. They are cheap, flimsy plastic and over priced. Some cool characters have been made but I'd only buy them if they were Legends type. Make them go away.

Kotobukiya: Um...Marvel/DC/Anime statues are still statues. See C.S. Moore comments.

Mattel: Any more Justice League Unlimited? If not, we're through. You would have made a mint of JLU style blackest night figures.

McFarlane: Halo figures? Where did spawn or anything else you make go? Does anyone still play halo. I thought me and my gamer friends just do CoD MW2 now.

Neca: EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION. NECA has the best sculpts now. And they make video game toys. I buy NECA's lines. Give NECA your licenses so I can buy it from them.

Playmates Toys: R.I.P.

Shocker toys: Keep trying. Someone is bound to buy something you make. Try better licenses or more original work.

SOTA: So I guess Street Fighter is done? That sucks because I would have bought ANY OTHER CHARACTER YOU MADE. Seriously. Ken, Ryu, Akuma, Guile, Chun Li. Give me Rose, Able, Cody, Guy, Juri, Makoto, Dudley, Hakan, Seth, or even Rufus or El Fuerte. It's a new game. Make new chars.

Square Enix: No FF figures past or present. Not even the one FF XIII figure coming out this December nobody knows about. I love the Kai line. What else are we going to see from it.

Toynami: These guys are still around? Without Inuyasha? How?

Wizkids: I wish Marvel would have the variety you do for your game. Hope you guys do well.

Yamato: The best statues of them all here and these are obscure original pieces. If I were to buy any statues it would be these. As it stands, $100 is a bit much. Other things to do with that money: Gas, food, magic the gathering, new xbox games (nobody plays PS3), save for Otakon next year, clothes, bills, or many other less expensive things. Want to know why I buy $8 Marvel Legends or $15 dollar Blackest Night figures? CAUSE THEY ARE ONLY $8 OR $15 DOLLARS.

I'm a little edgy but I hope most of you agree. If not oh well, but you companies out there better cause I'm a customer. And If I don't buy, there are probably others too.I might not be able to tell you what to make, but I can tell you what I won't pay for. Any questions, comments, or arguments? Lay it on me.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Questions for companies at San Diego Comic Con

I like statues...

I didn't think the NECA Endoskeletons were that great. I also thought they made way too many versions of the AvP-R Wolf figure using the same sculpt over and over.

Surprised you didn't mention Hot Toys.

Feel free to mention what I didn't. Maybe somebody will pay attention.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My wallet is the only thing that companies pay attention to. Everyone can vote by buying or not buying. Survival of the fittest (richest?). Make what people want and they'll buy. More importantly, make people think they simply MUST HAVE your product and you'll do even better.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.