Mattel: Master Toy Rights Awarded for VOLTRON FORCE

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

Master Toy Rights Awarded for VOLTRON FORCE

New toy line and animated series in 2011...

For a great selection of film, comic and TV action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, PastGenerationToys.com, ZoloWorld.com, MonkeyDepot.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, and Sekaido.com.

For a great selection of film, TV and pop culture t-shirts and apparel, check out TShirtGurus.com and 80sTees.com.

All old is new again as the resurgence of 1980's animated properties continues to rise as updated 'toons and toys. Following last week's announcement of the ThunderCats returning to TV and the toy aisle in 2011, news from the Licensing International Expo 2010 reveals that Mattel is developing a new line of Voltron toys.

World Events Productions, which owns Voltron, and Classic Media are producing a new animated series called Voltron Force which will debut on Nicktoons in 2011. Voltron Force will follow a group of new recruits as they battle alongside the original group of heroes. The show will consist of 2D and CGI animation.

"I am thrilled to partner with Classic Media as we introduce Voltron to a new generation of fans," said Ted Koplar, president of WEP. "Classic Media's exceptional brand management capability will play an integral role in the highly-anticipated relaunch of this classic property. Voltron's legacy of innovative and iconic toys is in great hands with Mattel, whose vision promises to re-imagine and re-invigorate Voltron toys like never before."

Source: worldscreen.com

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	voltronUSE.jpg 
Views:	18294 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	6999  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

MakeMyBiscuit Guest

Re: Master Toy Rights Awarded for VOLTRON FORCE

I really hope this turns out well. I know there are some real dedicated toy guys at Mattel. I can't say enough about the AWESOME Masters of the Universe line.

At the same time I am a little sad if Toynami lost the rights to make Voltron toys. I loved their Die cast Masterpiece Lion Force Voltron and I was looking forward to a Masterpiece Vehicle Voltron set.

In a perfect world I would hope that Mattel would do the main line and Toynami would do the high end collectible Masterpiece Voltron toys. Here's to hoping.

Re: Master Toy Rights Awarded for VOLTRON FORCE

I agree, Mattel has their work cut out for them. Toynami's Masterpiece Voltron IS the definitive Voltron action figure collectible. Work of art.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.