Welcome to figures.com
Can we continue to use your data to tailor ads for you?

Our partners will collect data and use cookies for ad personalization and measurement.

Learn more about how we use cookies

https://www.figures.com/forums
Sign-up now! It's free and easy. Registration ►
/ Forum / News Diamond/DST: DST Star Trek Electronic Enterprise B Sticker Issue

DST Star Trek Electronic Enterprise B Sticker Issue

09:37 AM 02-06-2013
JeffSaylor
Replacements Stickers for "U.S.S. Excelsior" Labeled Ships...

A few frustrated fans have alerted us to a problem with Diamond Select Toys' recently released electronic Star Trek Enterprise NCC 1701-B replica. As the above photo indicates, some models have a sticker on the hull that incorrectly names the ship as the "U.S.S. Excelsior".

Collectors who received an incorrectly labeled starship can contact DST's customer service at customerservice@diamondselecttoys.com to request a new sticker.

[HR][/HR]To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance, the official insurance company of the Figures.com network. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and MonkeyDepot.com.

[HR][/HR]
Attached:  
10:46 PM 02-06-2013
User897
Firstly, DST does NOT use stickers when the toys are made. It is all PAINT.

Second, applying a cheap sticker to try and cover up the error is simply not good enough. When you place a sticker on a painted starship toy, the sticker sticks out like a sore thumb.

This is only the latest in a series of huge mistakes DST has made with Star Trek electronic ships. If the sticker is good enough for you, hey, that's great. If it's not, then I feel they should be sent to DST in exchange for a corrected toy. This isn't a waterslide decal of windows we're talking about here. It's a sticker that will sit on top of the painted toy. I waited for THREE YEARS for this toy, and they STILL didn't get it right. I know they're "just toys", but damn! This is inexcusable. There's no feeling like knowing your toy is defective before it even arrives!
05:20 PM 02-11-2013
Jeffmw078
wont this just make it more of a collectable?