HT Predators [Archive] - Figures.com Forums

View Full Version : HT Predators

MD DRAGON
08-16-2010, 01:38 PM
As most know, I am a huge fan of HT in general, and the Predators in particular, however I do have a complaint. The Falconer Predator, although good looking, I feel that the undetatchable mask is a huge cop-out!:mad:
They are still charging a premium price, and it doesnt have a face. They could have used the Beserker sculpt with a green paint job at least! It doesnt even come with the cyberfalcon. I think if they wanted to follow in McFarlane's footsteps, and cut corners, they at least should have dropped the price. I know the Falconer didnt take off his helmet in the film, but neither did the Celtic, and Chopper Predators in AVP, and they had faces.
Anyone else agree?

•ONEYE•
08-16-2010, 02:06 PM
I really don't mind the non-removable mask. It was never revealed in the movie and since it never will be, no big loss. Not included the UAV/Falcon is more of a problem. However, I suspect that they will release a boxed set of it with the Predog, or just a boxed set of each.

I have a problem with Hot Toys pushing the prices of 1:6 figures up to the $200.00 mark.

I do love the trophy skull they included.

MD DRAGON
08-16-2010, 02:09 PM
The pricepoint is a BIG problem with me in this case as well. If the helmet is not removable, then the price should be less. I would say $130.00 would be about right.

•ONEYE•
08-16-2010, 02:13 PM
For me, acceptable for a non-exclusive would be $100.00 Exclusive $125-$150 depending on how exclusive and what was added. A pair of headsets like for Dutch, no, that doesn't cut it for a "true" exclusive. An exclusive would include a new base, something like a Predog, a lot more accessories, and/or special light up features.

MD DRAGON
08-16-2010, 02:40 PM
I agree with you, but it seems that all figures are jumping in price. HT average is climbing all the time. Those little Halo figures are $11-$17 depending on where you go. thats rediculous. Neca average is $16.99 and thats high to me as well. I guess our dollar isnt going to go too far now and in the future. I hate to think what things are going to cost in a few years. :(