Diamond/DST: TF2010: Star Trek

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

TF2010: Star Trek

2010 to focus on spaceship replicas and role-play items...

Toy Fair 2010 coverage brought to you by the following fine sponsors: BigBadToyStore.com, PastGenerationToys.com, and Sekaido.com (YesAnimation.com).

2010 will see Diamond Select Toys taking a break from traditional Star Trek action figure releases and focusing more on spaceship replicas and role-play items. The former will be represented by a new Enterprise, the NCC-1701-B as seen in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. Like previous models, the replica will feature accurate detailing and lights and sound effects. Look for it fourth quarter 2010.

Most exciting was the unveiling of new Klingon collectibles, a pleasant departure from the many Federation items released over the years. Fans can look forward to a Klingon Disruptor pistol and a very cool Klingon Bird of Prey with lights and sound effects. Photos of these items were not allowed.

The exception to the action figure rule will be a new assortment of retro-style 8" Star Trek action figures due out 4th quarter 2010. These will include Captain Pike, Vina, Nurse Chapel, and ironically, the Salt Vampire (which was previously canceled in traditional action figure form).

For a great selection of action figures and collectibles, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, SmallJoes.com, MonkeyDepot.com.

For a great selection of pop culture t-shirts and apparel, check out TShirtGurus.com and 80sTees.com.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: TF2010: Star Trek

Can't wait for that Enterprise B! I wonder if they'll do an Excelsior variant...

Re: TF2010: Star Trek

Meh.

Why is it the 7" highly detailed fig collectors have to wait centuries to get their figs released (when they aren't completely cancelled) but the ship collectors get stuff pouring onto the shelves?

Last year's Klingon Kang exclusive was GREAT!!! Thank you Diamond!

I was really looking forward to the Mark Lenard as Romulan Captain as well but now there's no more news about him so I assume he's cancelled.

Sorry but I'm not into "retro" Mego-style figs at all.

7 of 9 and the Borgs, Sisko in command chair, Sisko & Dukat 2-pack, Salt Vampire (who's been cancelled more times than I can remember), Yeoman Rand, Nurse Chapel... All figs I really wanted, but now they're back in figure limbo again.

Oh how I wish there was no Trek film line of crappy Playmates figs last year to screw up the ongoing release schedule of Diamond's killer 7" line.
    Last edited by S'laargorath; 02-23-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.