NECA: Dante Action Figure Update

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

Dante Action Figure Update

The devil's in the details...

For a great selection of video game action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, Urban-Collector.com, ClarkToys.com, ToyWiz.com, VNCToys.com, PastGenerationToys.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, YesAnimation.com, and SuperheroToys.com.

For a great selection of video game t-shirts and apparel, check out TShirtGurus.com and 80sTees.com.

As reported to you late last week, NECA will be releasing an action figure of DANTE, the hero in EA's third person adventure, Dante's Inferno. To clarify how this figure will be made available for purchase we went to NECA's Head of Product Development, Randy Falk.

The Dante action figure will be available in North America exclusively when you pre-order the game from select video game retailers, including GameStop, GameCrazy, TRU, Blockbuster, and Hastings. This is an added incentive to purchase Dante's Inferno; a free $14 action figure for buying the game, which is great deal. Check with your local retailers and/or the Dante’s Inferno website for further details.

The Dante figure will be available by itself in full clamshell packaging outside North America.

NECA is looking at some other possibilities for Spring, but it is too early to elaborate. They should know more by Toy Fair. It's an instance of a you can't please them all, but I think fans who admire the action figure will most likey want to own the game too.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1Dante1s.jpg 
Views:	4674 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	2498  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Dante Action Figure Update

Man, this sucks. You can look at it how you want to, but to a collector who's in it for the quality of the toys, that makes it a $60 toy with only a chance that the game doesn't suck. I'm admittedly a huge NECA fanboy and I'll buy just about anything they make, but at this price point there's no way I can afford it. I'd much rather pay for the 14 dollar figure than take a 60 dollar risk on the game. Looks like I'll have to pass on this guy. Shame too, he looks amazing.

With money being so tight all over the country lately I gotta ask:

NECA: WTF are you thinking?

Re: Dante Action Figure Update

wesitron - I know where you're coming from, but I'm sure we'll see some of the Dante figures imported to the USA by some retailers and it'll be made available for a decent price (by decent, I mean mid-$20s probably).

I think this is a great idea as it's an incentive to buy the game for those who were holding out...and for those that buy the game and don't want the figure, eBay the figure or give it to a friend who does want the figure. (Though I'll bet most will want to keep the figure after playing the game!)

For those that think Dante's Inferno is gonna suck - you're wrong. Having seen gameplay and the animation, I think it's not only gonna rock, but give fans of the God of War series a run for their money...and even God of War 3 a run for best new hack/slash game.

That said, everyone's gonna say "God of War III is gonna rule and Dante's Inferno is a complete rip off of GOW anyhow!" While that might be true, it doesn't mean that Dante's Inferno isn't gonna be just as good - if not better - than GOWIII. In fact, GOWIII is the game that has to be super impressive as a bar has been set by GOW & GOWII, Dante's Inferno only has to be as good as it's expected to be (which, from all the hate, isn't that good) and it'll sell like crazy...

Anyhow, Randy Falk and the folks at NECA aren't dumb - they see how cool Dante's Inferno is gonna be...if they thought it was gonna suck, they wouldn't have licensed it...

Anyhow...I've had Dante's Inferno for PS3 paid for since Gamestop started taking preorders months ago!
    "Until next time...have FUN with your figures!!"

Jess C. Horsley

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.