Mattel: DCUC Fan Poll Winner Announced

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

DCUC Fan Poll Winner Announced

RAVEN wins by a landslide...

For a great selection of superhero action figures and collectibles, check out fine sponsors BigBadToyStore.com, Urban-Collector.com, BriansToys.com, DollsAmerica.com, ClarkToys.com, ToyWiz.com, VNCToys.com, PastGenerationToys.com, MonkeyDepot.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, YesAnimation.com, and SuperheroToys.com.

For a great selection of pop culture t-shirts and apparel, check out TShirtGurus.com and 80sTees.com.

The winner of Toyfare's latest DCUC fan poll has been officially revealed as none other than Raven.

The poll, which began shortly after this year's Comic-Con, consisted of Raven, Freddy Freeman, Toyman, Geo-Force, Libra, and Uncle Sam. The latest issue of Toyfare revealed that Raven won the competition by a landslide and will be a part of the 15th wave of Mattel's DC Universe Classics next year.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: DCUC Fan Poll Winner Announced

Boo! Where's my Captain Marvel, Jr...

cut2thechase Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Malevolus View Post
    Boo! Where's my Captain Marvel, Jr...
    DC Direct made one! Why does everyone want Mattell to remake characters that DC Direct has already made? My problem is I have to rebuy characters that I've own for years just to get a Collect and Connect figure. Raven is another example. I have the entire core team of Gerogre Perez's Teen Titans so WHY DO I NEED ANOTHER RAVEN???

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Frankly...

- I'm not a fan of the DC Direct version,
    - I like articulation in my figures,
    - Mattel's figures are relatively easier to find at retail than DC Direct,
    - and I think the Horsemen could have done something cool with the character.

Those all seem like pretty good reasons for a character being "re-made" (though I don't count it as a remake if a different company is doing it). Just because one company made one doesn't mean it's the best thing ever for everyone. And doesn't Mattel have just as much of a right to make a character that they haven't yet made even though someone else did one?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.