Go Hero: First Ever BAT BOY Collectibles Announced

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

First Ever BAT BOY Collectibles Announced

Company takes on Weekly World News phenomenon...

For a great selection of film, comic and TV action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, Urban-Collector.com, BriansToys.com, DollsAmerica.com, ClarkToys.com, ToyWiz.com, VNCToys.com, PastGenerationToys.com, MonkeyDepot.com, RPMDiecast.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, YesAnimation.com, and SuperheroToys.com.

For a great selection of film, TV and pop culture t-shirts and apparel, check out TShirtGurus.com and 80sTees.com.

Go Hero, makers of imaginative kaiju vinyl and 1:6 sci-fi/fantasy action figures, announces that they will be making statues and figurines of BAT BOY, the Weekly World News phenomenon.

Steve Forde, owner Go Hero said "Bat Boy is one of those iconic character designs. The image of him is ubiquitous! If Alfred E. Newman, Shepard Fairy, and Nosferatu had a baby it would be Bat Boy! I am drawn to things cuddly and deadly! I love the idea that he saves your life then rips up your couch."

The first release will be an 8-inch "1970's style" Bat Boy figure. It will carry a MSRP of around $20-$30. Go Hero also have plans for stylized Bat Boy vinyl figures, statues, and figurines. Other Weekly World News characters are planned in 2010 as well.

The half-bat, half-human character is just one of 30 odd creations spawned by the tongue-in-cheek supermarket tabloid Weekly World News. Just recently it was announced that DreamWorks will be developing a TV show that will tap into the company's library of characters and offbeat stories.
    It isn't clear which WWN characters the DreamWorks project will exploit or whether it will be a live-action or animated series, but Bat Boy is expected to play a key role.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1heroUSE.jpg 
Views:	1121 
Size:	296.8 KB 
ID:	1512  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: First Ever BAT BOY Collectibles Announced

I'll be the first to comment on my story since this news totally took me off guard. This license is so far out there that it is brilliant! For pure cheesy, fun entertainment, nothing beats the Weekly World News. And a TV show to boot? Whoa.

Steve told me he wants to keep people guessing where they are heading in licensing, and I'd say Bat Boy does the job admirably. Cool kaiju monster/robot figs, then the amazing 1:6 scale Buck and upcoming Wrath of the Titans, Commando Cody, etc, and now Bat Boy... that's a pretty varied track record!

Re: First Ever BAT BOY Collectibles Announced

This is too cool; everybody loves Bat Boy!

I want a toy of him driving that Mini Cooper.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.