Underground Toys: New Toys"R"Us Exclusive DOCTOR WHO Action Figure

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

New Toys"R"Us Exclusive DOCTOR WHO Action Figure

6th Doctor from "Caves of Androzani"...

For a great selection of film, comic and TV action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, Urban-Collector.com, BriansToys.com, DollsAmerica.com, ClarkToys.com, ToyWiz.com, VNCToys.com, PastGenerationToys.com, MonkeyDepot.com, RPMDiecast.com, HobbyLinkJapan.com, YesAnimation.com, and SuperheroToys.com.

For a great selection of film, TV and pop culture t-shirts and apparel, check out TShirtGurus.com and 80sTees.com.

Underground Toys, the exclusive U.S. importer of Character Options' popular Doctor Who action figures, announces a new figure exclusive: The 6th Doctor as seen in the episode "Caves of Androzani". Available exclusively in the U.S. at select Toys"R"Us stores, this figure depicts the newly regenerated 6th Doctor, as played by Colin Baker, still wearing the mud splashed outfit of his previous incarnation.

Doctor Who "Caves of Androzani" Synopsis:

The TARDIS arrives on Androzani Minor, the source of a life-prolonging drug refined from a substance called Spectrox. Production of the drug is controlled by Sharaz Jek, a madman in self imposed exile, who blames Morgus, a powerful industrialist on Androzani Major, for all his misfortunes. The two sides are pitched in a convoluted ongoing war which, unknown to Jek, gives Morgus a monopoly of Spectrox on his planet, Major. Jek becomes infatuated with Peri, and saves her and the Doctor from being executed on Morgus’s orders. However, the two travellers learn that they have contracted spectrox toxaemia, a fatal disease. The only antidote is the milk from a queen bat, which the Doctor must find in the deep caves on Minor. With moments to spare, the Doctor carries Peri back to the TARDIS, where he gives her all the milk he has collected. She recovers, but the Doctor has to regenerate to save his own.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caves of Androzani 1.jpg 
Views:	3714 
Size:	214.6 KB 
ID:	1508   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caves of Androzani 2.jpg 
Views:	3515 
Size:	195.8 KB 
ID:	1509  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: New Toys"R"Us Exclusive DOCTOR WHO Action Figure

My local TRUs have very few DR. Who figs...just a couple 9th Doctors kicking around....been that way forever. Anyone in the states see significant amounts of dr. who figs being stocked? Also, anywhere better than Newberry Comics to find these state-side?

Ditto here in Spotsylvania, Virginia. Haven't seen a Who figure stocked. But "Who" knows (har), they may soon. Recently my TRUs have been doing a good job of stocking more cool toys - NECA, McFarlane, Mezco, etc. As for stores to find Who figs at, I'm not a huge collector of 'em (have a few from the Comic-Cons), but a quick glance at some of our sponsors - BigBadToyStore, Urban Collector, etc - seem to have a pretty decent stock of them. I order about 90% of all my figures online - saves all the hassle of the hunt

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have never seen a single Who figure in my local TRU, but did see a couple of Judoon Troopers in a Los Angeles store once. I find them mostly in the comic book shops and high end collectible stores... where they're usually marked up pretty high.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.