NECA: SDCC15: NECA Brings the Horror

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

SDCC15: NECA Brings the Horror

Ultimate Leatherface and Jason, Jason Lives Mego-Style, More...

Horror hounds have good reason to like NECA as the company continues to deliver classic slasher icons in multiple figure formats. For their "Ultimate" 7-inch scale series, NECA will be unleashing The Texas Chainsaw Massacre's skin-masked killer Leatherface. Look for him this August. Come this fall, Jason Voorhees "Lives" as an Ultimate action figure, the undead Camp Crystal Lake psycho ready to take-down some teens with improvised cemetery fence spear. Tombstone included.

Bringing the carnage in NECA's 8-inch Mego-style figure series comes Dream Warriors Freddy Krueger in October, followed by an encore appearance of Jason Lives.

On the Classic Video Game Appearances front, NECA will be releasing Leatherface as he appeared in his 1983 side-scrolling game, as well as the return of the figure that started the whole series - Jason Voorhees - this time with a different deco, weapon and shipping in special packaging that plays theme music from the original video game! Look for both of these figures in time for Halloween this October.

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, TheToySource.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, MonkeyDepot.com, and EntertainmentEarth.com.

For hobby miniatures and all your gaming needs, visit MiniatureMarket.com.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN73343.JPG 
Views:	2024 
Size:	314.4 KB 
ID:	302682  
    Last edited by JeffSaylor; 07-13-2015 at 04:38 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: SDCC15: NECA Brings the Horror

*yawn*

More Jason & Leatherface? How many Freddies, Jasons, Michael Myers and Leatherfaces have we had over the years? Just doesn't interest me at all.

Not my kind of Horror.

How about Christoper Lee as Dracula and Peter Cushing as Van Helsing or Dr. Frankenstein? Or any of a dozen or so great Vincent Price roles?

Or horror B-movie greats like Count Yorga or Naschy or Blacula or Blind Dead?

Or even later stuff like Leprechaun or Critters or Dracula's Brides & the werewolf from Van Helsing (hated the movie but loved them!), or the winged demon form of Jeepers Creepers, or Akasha Queen of the Damned, or Viktor or vamp-form Marcus or Selene from Underworld, or Milla Jovovich from the Resident Evil series (would want great articulation on these last 2 please!), or the winged deadite from Army of Darkness?

Every year I keep hoping, and every year some company or other just delivers more of the same.

Bleh.
    Last edited by Slaargorath; 07-13-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Could not agree more. We're going on 10+ years of this repetitious crap. Whats next? More Universal Monsters, Assassins Creed, Halo, and the never ending "Man Man" routine?
    NECA is great and I love their stuff, but with the 20th Gypsy Danger figure looming around the corner I really wish they and all other manufacturers would try a different strategy. The few times I visit a TRU I always see the same stuff I had seen on shelves the last month or year I saw it prior.
    If this keeps up I can see the toy industry dead within 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaargorath View Post
    *yawn*

More Jason & Leatherface? How many Freddies, Jasons, Michael Myers and Leatherfaces have we had over the years? Just doesn't interest me at all.

Not my kind of Horror.

How about Christoper Lee as Dracula and Peter Cushing as Van Helsing or Dr. Frankenstein? Or any of a dozen or so great Vincent Price roles?

Or horror B-movie greats like Count Yorga or Naschy or Blacula or Blind Dead?

Or even later stuff like Leprechaun or Critters or Dracula's Brides & the werewolf from Van Helsing (hated the movie but loved them!), or the winged demon form of Jeepers Creepers, or Akasha Queen of the Damned, or Viktor or vamp-form Marcus or Selene from Underworld, or Milla Jovovich from the Resident Evil series (would want great articulation on these last 2 please!), or the winged deadite from Army of Darkness?

Every year I keep hoping, and every year some company or other just delivers more of the same.

Bleh.

Yeah, it seems like the companies are stuck in a rut with the same 4 characters, over and over.

First McFarlane makes them. Then NECA makes them. Then Mezco makes them. Then NECA makes them again. And now NECA makes them yet again. Enough already!! The market is saturated with these. I hope to never see another Freddy, Jason, Michael Myers or Leatherface fig again in my life!

Judging from the recent "Horror" figure output, you'd think there hadn't been another Horror movie made in the past 35 years!

But NECA didn't used to be like that. Remember their Hare Krishna Zombie or their Henrietta from Evil Dead? Now THAT was cool! That was daring. That was original.

Or their Hellraiser line? Pure greatness!! To this day one of my absolute fave lines of all time!! (And I still want my Gearhead, Camerahead and Terri Cenobites & the Engineer, BTW)

NECA used to be THE company for Horror figs, but lately they have just gotten into a rut with these 4 characters.

How about a vamped-out Amy from Fright Night? Or the subterranean creatures from The Descent? Or American Werewolf in London? Or Blixx the Goblin from Legend? Or a Graboid from Tremors? Or those Hellraiser characters I just mentioned?

So much they could be doing instead of just these same boring 4 characters who've already been done to death by everybody.
    Last edited by Slaargorath; 07-14-2015 at 12:08 PM.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.