NECA: FIRST LOOK: NECA's Aliens Series 5 Headliner Action Figure - '86 RIPLEY

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

FIRST LOOK: NECA's Aliens Series 5 Headliner Action Figure - '86 RIPLEY

PLUS: Full Series 5 Line-Up Revealed, New Movie Xenomorphs, More...

This Summer NECA continues their popular 7-inch scale Aliens action figure line with the release of Series 5. To be solicitated later this Spring (around the time Series 4 releases, roughly late March/early April), Series 5 will debut with:

• Ellen Ripley - As seen in Aliens w Flamethrower/Pulse Rifle combo
    • Bishop (Torn in Half) - Packed with an Open Egg and Facehugger w/ Bendable Tail
    • Genocide Warrior (Red)
    • Genocide Warrior (Black)

Pictured is a first look at the headliner figure of this Aliens-focused wave: Ellen Ripley. The prototype head sculpt shows off Ripley sporting her short, curly hair style as seen in the movie. The full figure will recreate her look from the climatic ending of the film (pictured below) as Ripley hunts down the Xenomorph Queen in her hive. The '86 Ripley figure will come complete with her iconic M240 Flamethrower / M41A Pulse Rifle combo weapon.

So fans already have their Aliens Queen action figure and will soon be able own Ripley from the movie. But what about that anticipated Power Loader NECA teased us with last year? According to NECA's Head Product Development, Randy Falk, the Power Loader "will release this Summer as well to coincide with Series 5's release."

And you can't have an Aliens movie collection without a slew of Xenomorph Warriors, can you? That's where the Series 5 Genocide Warriors come in. Randy commented on their return, "We wanted to get Xenos back into the line as some collectors missed out on the original Genocide 2-pack (see HERE) and others just want to build a larger hive. We are hard at work at brand new Xeno sculpts from Resurrection, AvP, and AvP: Requiem that you will see later this year along with a few other Alien surprises."

One of those surprises is NECA's Kenner-inspired action figures, the vintage concept made popular with Predator. The company now has plans for Alien. Randy Falk stated that "We are also working on our Kenner-inspired designs for (Aliens) Series 8 or 9 that you will see sometime in 2016."

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, TheToySource.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and MonkeyDepot.com.

For hobby miniatures and all your gaming needs, visit MiniatureMarket.com.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aliens-_Ripley2.jpg 
Views:	10929 
Size:	224.8 KB 
ID:	262782   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ripley_Aliens.jpeg 
Views:	15991 
Size:	400.6 KB 
ID:	262792   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1genocide.jpg 
Views:	7000 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	262802  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thumbs up Re: FIRST LOOK: NECA's Aliens Series 5 Headliner Action Figure - '86 RIPLEY

Wow this Ripley head looks MUCH better than the one they had shown previously. Are they going to be 2 seperate releases or does this head replace that one? I know that this is the one I want

Just bought my Bishop a few days ago (great fig!) but I can't wait to see this torn in half version too.

And yeah, I was one of the people who missed the Xeno 2-pk first time around, so this is good news

Re: FIRST LOOK: NECA's Aliens Series 5 Headliner Action Figure - '86 RIPLEY

Well, the Series 4 Ripley is her from the first movie ALIEN with longer hair and Nostromo outfit/ flamethrower. This new Series 5 Ripley is a totally different figure - her from ALIENS - with short, curly hair and different outfit. Two separate releases.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: FIRST LOOK: NECA's Aliens Series 5 Headliner Action Figure - '86 RIPLEY

I hope in the future they'll do a '97 Ripley from Resurrection too. That's my fave look for her. -- Make the cool gun too!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.