Four Horsemen: SDCC14: Four Horsemen

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

SDCC14: Four Horsemen

Gothitropolis Ravens, Power Lords, And Mythic Legions...

At every Comic-Con we look forward to checking in with the Four Horsemen to see their amazing toys and find out what they're working on next. Riding high off the wave of their Ravens Kickstarter, the Horsemen were rocking and rolling at SDCC 2014 with three display cases including one presenting all of the recently arrived Gothitropolis Ravens factory samples, and they looked awesome. Did you miss out on the Kickstarter but now really want these great figures? You're in luck because the Horsemen will be offering the full lineup except for Kickstarter exclusives to new pre-orders in the Fall.

Next door was the next big project, Mythic Legions. We saw these incredible fantasy figures at Toy Fair, and these prototypes were amazing! Check out the gallery for fresh looks at the dwarves, skeletons, orcs, and unique characters like the Barbarian, Vampire Swordsman, and more. Look for a Kickstarter campaign to bring this line to the fans and collectors in January with most of the figures around 4 inches tall and possibly larger monsters and more cool stuff.

Finally, sci-fi fans had lots of cool Power Lords to check out including the recently released carded wave one and beyond. On display were prototypes of the Sydot varieties, Disguyzor, Raygoth, and the Power Soldier Assassin. The latter two will most likely comprise the next wave of figures, and further waves will include one alien and one Power Soldier variant. The Assassin is nearly complete and will include multiple weapons and possibly variant backpack and head, and Raygoth is coming along nicely with interchangeable chest parts; the Horsemen are still working on how his hands will work (either articulated or interchangeable) and how they'll fit with his iconic weapon. Stay tuned to Figures.com for continued coverage of these awesome figures!

-Scott Rubin

San Diego Comic Con 2014 coverage made possible by our many fine sponsors. Help support us by supporting them.

To insure your action figure collection, contact Collectibles Insurance Services at (888) 837-9537, or click here to get a quote and apply online.

Collectibles Insurance Services is the Official Partner of the Figures.com network.

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, AlterEgoComics.com, TheToySource.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and MonkeyDepot.com.

For hobby miniatures and all your gaming needs, visit MiniatureMarket.com.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fourhorsemen1.JPG 
Views:	1694 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	215522   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fourhorsemen2.JPG 
Views:	2499 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	215532   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fourhorsemen3.JPG 
Views:	1810 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	215542  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thumbs down Re: SDCC14: Four Horsemen

Argghh! This is so frustrating!

Mythic Legions looks fantastic and has everything I love and am looking for in an action figure line, but it's in the wrong damned scale!

Why, Horsemen, why...?

Re: SDCC14: Four Horsemen

Quote Originally Posted by S'laargorath View Post
    Argghh! This is so frustrating!

Mythic Legions looks fantastic and has everything I love and am looking for in an action figure line, but it's in the wrong damned scale!

Why, Horsemen, why...?
    My thoughts exactly. I’m buying their Raven line. I really dig those and I’m buying a lot of them. But if Mystic Legions were the in the same 7”scale, I would have bought them all and more. They are just too small.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That's right.

I am not a Star Wars collector or a GI Joe collector. THEY're the ones who collect this scale.

As someone who collects stuff like Warcraft, MOTU, LOTR, Game of Thrones, Narnia, Realm of the Claw, Extreme Gargoyles, Spawn, Dark Alliance, Monty Python's Holy Grail and the Horsemen's own Seventh Kingdom figures, this size of fig will go with NOTHING in my collection.

It just makes no sense at all.
    Last edited by S'laargorath; 07-24-2014 at 06:18 PM.

If only they had taken a vote from the fans on this ... Given the choice, I wonder how things would have gone.

The Horsemen are looking into adding larger figures to the lineup, and potentially even a larger scale for the main figures, as part of the Kickstarter. As usual with these things, it will depend on the support of the backers to make what they want happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Malevolus View Post
    The Horsemen are looking into adding larger figures to the lineup, and potentially even a larger scale for the main figures, as part of the Kickstarter. As usual with these things, it will depend on the support of the backers to make what they want happen.
    It almost sounds as though you’re suggesting we must support/buy these smaller figures{that we don’t want} in order to have 7” scale figures made? I don’t think the 4HM would pull that shoddy move because they would know, being in the toy industry for so long, that nothing breeds resentment and contempt in consumers as much as ploys such as that to coax people into buying a particular product.
    I'll guess we will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
    It almost sounds as though you’re suggesting we must support/buy these smaller figures{that we don’t want} in order to have 7” scale figures made? I don’t think the 4HM would pull that shoddy move because they would know, being in the toy industry for so long, that nothing breeds resentment and contempt in consumers as much as ploys such as that to coax people into buying a particular product.
    I'll guess we will have to wait and see.
    I'm just the messenger here and not suggesting anything. I'm just relaying info we received from the Four Horsemen and talking about how a lot of Kickstarter campaigns work. By all means, if you don't like something, don't buy it. As always it's up to the collector to vote with his or her wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Malevolus View Post
    I'm just the messenger here and not suggesting anything. I'm just relaying info we received from the Four Horsemen and talking about how a lot of Kickstarter campaigns work. By all means, if you don't like something, don't buy it. As always it's up to the collector to vote with his or her wallet.
    I sincerely apologize. It wasn't my intention to direct my frustration towards you. Also, I do agree with you last statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
    I sincerely apologize. It wasn't my intention to direct my frustration towards you. Also, I do agree with you last statement.
    It's all good.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.