REVIEW: REVIEW: NECA Quarter Scale Predator - ELDER PREDATOR

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

REVIEW: NECA Quarter Scale Predator - ELDER PREDATOR

Listen To Your Elders...

Figures.com reporter Jorge Pelaez is back with a review of NECA's latest Quarter Scale Predator, the fan favorite Elder Predator as seen at the end of Predator 2. Check out the two-part video review below...

PART 1

PART 2

Video by Jorge Pelaez

Review Sample Courtesy of NECA

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance, the official insurance company of the Figures.com network. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, AlterEgoComics.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and MonkeyDepot.com.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1elder1.jpg 
Views:	4143 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	126562   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1elder2.jpg 
Views:	704 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	126572  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Smile Re: REVIEW: NECA Quarter Scale Predator - ELDER PREDATOR

I too love this figure, however a few flaws were not addressed. I think the predator paint is too glossy and cheapens the look. The sball skulls on the neckless are too grey, and if they kept with the bone coloring as in other Predators, it would enhance it more. The gun was not well done as far as paint, and with a little bronze paint and some woodgraining on the gun, it improves it alot. The dreads are black on the figure, and would be more film accurate if a subtle blue grey was added to the dread paint. The teeth are also too grey, and simply painting the ivory with brown wash tones it improves the look. The review is a good one, as I too love the Elder. I do think the original predator was done better, and with a little custom paint the Elder can jump to the level of the original. Thank you for your review.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.