Panels, Booth Events, Exclusives, More...
To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance, the official insurance company of the Figures.com network. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.
To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, AlterEgoComics.com, PlasmaInfusion.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and MonkeyDepot.com.
* Thursday July 18, 10am – 11am Room 25ABC
Mattel Presents: How Toys Are Made
Join the Mattel Entertainment Brands Design Team for a journey through the history and evolution of Mattel action figures. From our earliest offerings through our latest brand launch of Max Steel, we will take you through the last 35 years of our action figure portfolio, highlighting the significant advances and design innovations of our brands throughout the years. We also will have a Q+A with a panel of premier Mattel action figure designers and historians representing WWE, MOTU, DCU, Max Steel®, Man of Steel and Batman that will take on any and all questions about our many action figure brands.
* Thursday July 18, 1pm – 2pm Room 25ABC
Mattel and WWE: Bring on the Action
Here’s your chance to attend Miz TV with special guest Dolph Ziggler! The Miz will host as Mattel toy designer Bill Miekina and marketing manager Mitchell Cameron discuss the latest in WWE action figure news and give sneak peeks at upcoming product. You never know what surprises are in store! See you there!
* Friday July 19, 11am – 12pm Room 25ABC
Mattel Presents: Mattypalooza 2013
It’s that time again! Join us for the toy panel to beat all toy panels – Mattypalooza! Celebrating our 5th year at SDCC, come get the inside scoop on your favorite collectables from Mattel: Masters of the Universe Classics, DC Comics Signature Series, Watchmen, Ghostbusters and more! Plus as a special bonus attendees will have the opportunity to vote on an upcoming MOTUC monthly figure: Huntara vs. Lord Masque – you decide who gets made! Be there for a major announcement as Mattel partners with one of the biggest names in pop culture to bring you exciting new collectables you will have to see to believe! The panel will also include an insightful Q & A with Mattel toy designers, Mattel Marketing Manager Scott “Toy Guru” Neitlich and special guests The Four Horsemen. It’s the place to be for the world premiere of tons of new toys and collectibles! If you go to one Toy Panel at SDCC, make it Mattypalooza!
* Friday July 19, 3pm – 4pm Room 25ABC
Mattel and DC Comics – A Celebration for Collectors of All Ages
For fans of all ages, from kids to seasoned collectors, you won’t want to miss the exciting news, reveals, giveaways, and even the trivia game that this panel has to offer! Ruben Martinez and Bill Benecke (Mattel toy designers), Jessica Sikca and Danielle McLachlan (Mattel marketing team), Julian Montoya (VP, Warner Bros. Consumer Products), Kevin Kiniry (VP, Creative Services DC Entertainment), a member of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) team, members of The Four Horsemen Toy Design Studios, and other special guests will celebrate the BATMAN Classic TV Series and MAN OF STEEL product lines, announce ALL NEW product lines, reveal upcoming products, and give you a few special sneak peeks from the DC Comics and Batman toy lines. There will be a Q&A, a trivia game that you won’t want to miss and an exciting toy giveaway for everyone who attends! Join us for this celebration for collectors of all ages.
* Saturday July 20, 11am – 12pm Room 25ABC
Mattel Presents: Monster High 2013: Where SCREAMS come true
Celebrate the freaky fabulous year of 13 with the Monster High Team! Get a freak peek at exclusive scenes from the newest Monster High DVD, 13 Wishes (this fall from Universal Studios Home Entertainment). The freaky talented Monster High voice actors, including: Erin Fitzgerald (voice of Abbey Bominable, Spectra Vongergeist, Scarah Screams & Rochelle Goyle), Debi Derryberry (voice of Draculaura) and America Young (voice of Howleen Wolf & Toralei Stripe) will discuss the making of the ghouls’ latest adventure. Moderated by Emmy-Award winning Executive Producer of Monster High, Audu Paden. But that’s not all… our Monster High team is just DYING to share more secrets lurking the halls of Monster High! Garrett Sander, Rebecca Shipman, Natalie Villegas and Javier Meabe (Monster High Toy Designers), Roy Juarez (Monster High Packaging Designer) and Eric Hardie (Monster High Copywriter) will reveal uhhh-mazing new Monster High ghouls and how they came to un-life!
* Sunday, July 21, 12pm – 1pm Room 7AB
Mattel Presents: Max Steel: Rise of Elementor World Premiere Screening
Be the FIRST to see Max and Steel team up to take on their biggest threat yet in Rise of Elementor. You will get to watch this exciting 2-part broadcast event for Max Steel before it airs on Disney XD this fall! Will our heroes be able to defend Copper Canyon and rescue Ferrus from the evil Dredd? Join us to find out, and receive a free toy giveaway!
MATTEL BOOTH EVENTS
All events take place at Mattel Booth #3029 unless noted.
- Thursday 7/18 10am – 12pm Autographs with Dirk Benedict. Meet Starbuck from the original “Battlestar Galactica” and Faceman from “The A-Team!”
- Thursday 7/18 1:30pm – 2:30pm MOTU Mini-Comic Signing. Meet the creative team behind the 2013 MOTUC mini-comics and get your toys and comics signed! Free mini comic to the first 100 people in line. First come, first served.
- Thursday 7/18 3pm – 4pm WWE Autograph Session. Come get your brawl on with WWE Superstars The Miz and Dolph Ziggler. Stop by at 9:30am to get tickets, first come, first served.
- Thursday 7/18 5pm – 6:30pm Monster High Talent Signing. Meet the “brains” behind Monster High creative and entertainment teams and get your toys, comics and collectable cards signed! Stop by at 9:30am to get tickets – first come, first served.
- Friday 7/19 10am – 10:30am BATMAN Classic TV Series Product Raffle. BIF! BAM! KAPOW! If you’re a fan of the BATMAN™ Classic TV Series line, you won’t want to miss this opportunity to win free products!
- Friday 7/19 11am – 12pm WWE Autograph Session. Bring on the action! Rey Mysterio, Mick Foley and Daniel Bryan will be on hand for autographs. Stop by at 9:30am to get tickets, first come, first served.
- Friday 7/19 12:30pm – 1pm Four Horsemen Autograph Signing. Come meet the fantastic sculptors of our flagship MOTU and DC 6” lines. They will be happy to sign any item you bring.
- Friday 7/19 2pm – 3pm Madison Beer Signing. Meet Madison Beer, the creepy cool singer of the new Monster High song, “We are Monster High!” Meet Madison as she kicks off the green screen video event. First come, first served.
- Friday 7/19 2pm – 6pm Monster High Green Screen Video Booth Event. Be a part of Monster High through green screen technology, and enter for a chance to have your freaky fab moves in the next Monster High music video! Show your school pride by singing and dancing your “guts” out to the new rally song, “We are Monster High!”
- Saturday 7/20 11am – 12pm WWE Autograph Session. Come battle with the best! Sheamus and Ryback will be on hand for autographs. Stop by at 9:30am to get tickets, first come, first served.
- Saturday 7/20 12:30pm – 1:15pm Toy Hunter Autograph Session. Come meet Jordan Hembrough, the star of “Toy Hunter,” and take a look at some great vintage toys he’s found while traveling the country.
- Saturday 7/20 2pm – 6pm Monster High Green Screen Video Booth Event. Be a part of Monster High through green screen technology, and enter for a chance to have your freaky fab moves in the next Monster High music video! Show your school pride by singing and dancing your “guts” out to the new rally song, “We are Monster High.”
- Sunday 7/21 10am – 12pm Monster High Talent Signing. Meet the “brains” behind Monster High creative and entertainment teams… and get your toys, comics and collectable cards signed!
- Sunday 7/21 2pm – 4pm Max Steel Turbo Battlers Tournament. Test your turbo energy by battling and competing to be the clear winner of the Max Steel Turbo Battlers Tournament. Please stop by prior to obtain your battle time!
In between attending all those events, don’t forget to pick up Mattel's show exclusives. CLICK HERE for a full listing.