Movies/TV/Games: BLU-RAY REVIEW: Adventure Time - The Complete First and Second Seasons

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

BLU-RAY REVIEW: Adventure Time - The Complete First and Second Seasons

The Hit Animated Series Now In Gorgeous High Definition...

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance, the official insurance company of the Figures.com network. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, AlterEgoComics.com, PlasmaInfusion.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and MonkeyDepot.com.

Adventure Time fans certainly have some rejoicing to do as their beloved cartoon series on Cartoon Network, now in its fifth season, is finally seeing a well deserved home video release.... and on Blu-ray to boot! The Complete Second Season of the Emmy-Nominated animated series is at last available on both Blu-ray and DVD formats. And as a special bonus, the Complete First Season, originally only available on DVD has also been released in high-def Blu-ray! That’s right, 26 episodes of the first season and 26 episodes of the second season... all in High Definition!

Join the colorful cast of characters created by Pendleton Ward for 52 episodes of fun with the human boy Finn (voiced by Jeremy Shada) and his shapeshifting dog friend Jake (voiced by John DiMaggio). Together in the land of Ooo, they encounter other crazy characters like the Ice King (Tom Kenny), Princess Bubblegum (voiced by Hynden Walch), and scores of others.

If you haven’t yet seen Adventure Time, I urge you to give it a chance and then some. It’s a mix of every genre you can think of: drama, science fantasy, adventure, but all with an emphasis on comedy. The show is also beautifully rendered in the classic hand drawn animation style. As mesmerizing as computer graphics can be, it’s still impossible for it to capture the spontaneity of a true artist’s emotion on paper. I often find myself splitting my sides with laughter from the silliness of the moment but also the absurd amount of depth Adventure Time has, especially due to the fantastic voice talent. It’s no wonder that Adventure Time has been a hit for Cartoon Network season after season in its target demographics.

The Complete First Season includes all 26 episodes including audio commentary for each. There’s also a variety of extras including Animatics, some behind the scenes featurettes, music video, Finndemonium, and more. I’m assuming these were also available on the DVD release and in that case these should be a lot of fun to plow through.

The Complete Second Season includes all 26 episodes as well as audio commentary for each episode. Pendleton Ward also shot a behind the scenes “The Crew of Adventure Time” which is six minutes in length and perhaps not as satisfying as the extras on the complete first season. But, fans of the show, like myself are still happy to have every episode in on place.

Each Adventure Time Complete Season can be had for $32.07 (suggested retail for Blu Ray) or $26.95 (suggested retail for DVD) available today - June 4th - at retailers everywhere.

Adventure Time: The Complete Second Season
    Blu Ray SRP: $32.07
    DVD SRP: $26.95
    Street Date: June 4, 2013
    Running Time: 286 minutes

Adventure Time: The Complete First Season
    Blu Ray SRP: $32.07
    Street Date: June 4, 2013
    Running Time: 286 minutes

Review by David Yeh

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1time.jpg 
Views:	866 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	92342  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.