Events: TARDIS REPORT: 2013 Wizard World St. Louis

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

TARDIS REPORT: 2013 Wizard World St. Louis

Is There Any WHO Out There?...

I'm Baaaaaack. Hello everyone, Ken here still traveling on the "borrowed" type 40 T.A.R.D.I.S. Still continuing my 5 year mission on searching all things Doctor Who, including the good doctor himself. My "borrowed" type 40 brought me to St. Louis, Missouri at the very first 2013 Wizard World Comicon. Looks like I will be here all weekend, so stay tuned... until then enjoy the first shots before the crowd was allowed in. I even spotted some Dr. Who items. Signing off for now, the madman in the blue box...

The 7pm panel of THE STORY OF DR. WHO packed a room full of attendees. This became a standing room only panel, Dr. Who is definitely alive and well here in St. Louis. The talk was regarding the 50th anniversary and various episodes from classic Who to current Who. The panel consisted of writers, and fan club members. The buildup of the 50th year anniversary special had many rumors from various Dr's appearing as well as past companions. There has been a hint of tie in episodes from the classic series to the 50th anniversary special, these included the episodes Tomb of the Cyberman and The Pyramid of Mars. No one knows for sure which Dr., if any will be in the special but there seems to be a tie in to these classic two episodes. Matt Smith, the current Dr., will be the doctor for 2013 but beyond that it is unclear as Matt may have his sights for Hollywood. His contract ends in November of 2013 and there has not been any talks of negotiations or continuing the role at this point in time.

There will be 2 more Dr. Who panels this weekend. Rest assure your favorite madman in the blue box will be in attendance. Until then G-E-R-O-M-I-N-OOOOOOO!

- Ken Rodriguez

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance, the official insurance company of the Figures.com network. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, PlasmaInfusion.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and MonkeyDepot.com.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013 St. Louis Wizard World Comicon 002.JPG 
Views:	982 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	74482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013 St. Louis Wizard World Comicon 004.JPG 
Views:	2085 
Size:	173.7 KB 
ID:	74492  
    Last edited by JeffSaylor; 03-24-2013 at 03:38 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.