Diamond/DST: Munsters Select Series 2 - NEW PHOTOS

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

Munsters Select Series 2 - NEW PHOTOS

New Hotroddin' Series This Fall...

As revealed with our Toy Fair coverage (see HERE), Diamond Select Toys will be releasing a new assortment of MUNSTERS action figures this fall. This Hotroddin’ series stars Herman, Grandpa and Lily in all-new, episode-specific outfits, along with a new family member, Uncle Gilbert. Each Jean St. Jean sculpted figure also comes with a new build-an-accessory: the family staircase with Spot.

The Munsters Select: Hotrod Herman
    Clocking in at 350 pounds and 7 feet 3 inches tall, Herman Munster was built in 1850 by Dr. Victor Frankenstein, but is nothing like Frankenstein’s monster of legend. A good-natured, soft-spoken funeral home employee, Herman is a World War II veteran, a good husband to his vampire wife Lily and a loving father to his werewolf son Eddie. This 7-inch scale figure depicts actor Fred Gwynne as he appeared in the 1965 TV episode “Hot Rod Herman,” when he got mixed up in drag racing and lost the family Koach. The Select version of Herman includes parts to build the family staircase diorama; the basic figure will also be available at Toys “R” Us.

The Munsters Select: Raceway Lily
    Born Lily Dracula of Transylvania, the matriarch of the Munster family is the daughter of a vampire, but werewolf blood also runs in her family, as both her brother and her son bear the curse. Loving dust and decay, she keeps the Munster household nice and messy, and is also an adoptive mother and confidante to her niece Marilyn. This 7-inch scale figure depicts actress Yvonne DeCarlo as she appeared in the 1965 TV episode “Hot Rod Herman,” complete with parasol. The Select version of Lily includes parts to build the family staircase diorama; the basic figure will also be available at Toys “R” Us.

The Munsters Select: Hotrod Grandpa
    Sam Dracula, the famous Count Dracula of legend, was married 166 times, and even though his wives are all dead, he still keeps in touch. Over 600 years old, he personally knew King Arthur and Jack the Ripper, can still turn into a wolf or a bat (if he takes his pills) and is also a persistent inventor. This 7-inch scale figure depicts actor Al Lewis as he appeared in the 1965 TV episode “Hot Rod Herman,” when he modified his own coffin into a race car in order to win back the family Koach. The Select version of Grandpa includes parts to build the family staircase diorama; the basic figure will also be available at Toys “R” Us.

The Munsters Select: Uncle Gilbert
    The Munster family has many branches, and one branch is inhabited by Uncle Gilbert, a strange, dapperly dressed undersea creature. A resident of the Black Lagoon, he once asked the family to hold onto 180,000 in Spanish doubloons he had salvaged from various shipwrecks. This 7-inch scale figure depicts Gilbert (played by Richard Hale) as he appeared in the 1965 TV episode “Love Comes to Mockingbird Heights.” Uncle Gilbert will only be available as a Previews-exclusive Select figure, and includes parts to build the family staircase diorama.

Collect all four specialty-exclusive Select figures to own another part of 1313 Mockingbird Lane.

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance, the official insurance company of the Figures.com network. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, PlasmaInfusion.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and MonkeyDepot.com.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MunstersSeries3a.jpg 
Views:	812 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	72732   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HotrodGrandpa1.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	72742   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HotrodHerman1.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	72752   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RacewayLily1.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	72762   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UncleGilbert1.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	72772  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stairs1a.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	72782   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stairs21.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	72792  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Munsters Select Series 2 - NEW PHOTOS

I can't wait to get my hands on these!

I still can't believe they even made Uncle Gilbert.

And that dio with Spot is too cool!

If they're ever thinking of doing any Eddie variants I'd like a fig of him in housecoat & pyjamas.

And if they're into real obscurity, I'd love a fig of Eddie's TV hero Zombo (in his full ghoulish get-up) from the episode of the same name.

And they could do a Johann Munster or Charlie Munster variant for the Herman fig.

And I'd like to see Lily in her pink silk shroud thingy she wears that has a hood that goes over her head when she gets all dressed up to go out.

...and I'd still love a Grandpa's lab playset too...

Can't wait to see what kooky aliens Diamond may have in store for us if they've really got the Lost in Space license.

I'd also love some figs for Bewitched (the 60's TV show, not the crappy 00s movie), Gilligan's Island, Get Smart, I Dream of Jeannie, Hogan's Heroes and my #1 want the Addams Family (60s TV)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.