DC Collectibles: TF13: DC Collectibles' MAN OF STEEL Statue Series

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

TF13: DC Collectibles' MAN OF STEEL Statue Series

Super Collectibles From The New Superman Movie...

This summer, Warner Bros. reboots one of the most iconic superhero properties with MAN OF STEEL, a new Superman story told by director Zack Snyder. Snyder's track record is solid, with his past film's 300 and Dawn of the Dead ranking as two of my all-time favorites. Will Snyder's reboot succeed where Bryan Singer's Superman Returns failed? If nothing else, the costume designs are stunning, as evident on these new Man of Steel Iconic Statues from DC Collectibles.

On display at Toy Fair were amazing 12-inch statues of Superman, Jor-El, General Zod and Faora. DC Collectibles is using a new technique on the head sculpts in this series, the process giving each character a hyper-realistic flesh texture. Realistic head sculpts aside, it's the beautifully intricate armor on pieces like Jor-El, Zod and Faora that are truly jaw-dropping. I almost forgot, the cape on each statue will be made of cloth and will feature a wire armature inside. This will allow you to pose their cape as you see fit for display. Each Man of Steel statue will carry an SRP of $129.95. Look for them this spring.

For those looking for something a little smaller and less expensive, DC Collectibles will also be releasing a Man of Steel Vault Statue (below). This 6-inch tall piece inspired by the movie will retail for $79.95 and is also slated for release this spring.

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance, the official insurance company of the Figures.com network. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and MonkeyDepot.com.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1supes.JPG 
Views:	7242 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	67012  
    Last edited by JeffSaylor; 02-14-2013 at 10:28 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: TF13: DC Collectibles' MAN OF STEEL Statue Series

The design of General Zod's armour is so cool

I wish these were 7" figures instead of 12" statues.

Hope they will make a figure of him too

Re: TF13: DC Collectibles' MAN OF STEEL Statue Series

Hope they will make a figure of him too
    I agree, very cool armor. I do believe Mattel is making a figure of him, but photography wasn't permitted on any Mattel Man of Steel stuff. Why I was shocked DC Collectibles allowed us to shoot these!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.