Art Toys: Nevermore LEGENDARY MONSTERS Kickstarter

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

Nevermore LEGENDARY MONSTERS Kickstarter

Action Figures Based on Monsters of Urban Legend and Folklore...

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance, the official insurance company of the Figures.com network. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and MonkeyDepot.com.

A new Kickstarter project has been brought to our attention by R. Todd Broadwater and his new toy company, Nevermore Toys (nevermoretoys.com). Called Legendary Monsters, this 5" - 7" articulated figure assortment is based on monsters of urban legend and folklore. Prototypes shown include stunning renditions of the Jersey Devil, Mothman, the Missouri Monster and Chupacabra, each proposed figure to include an environmental diroama base and 3 3/4" poseable victim.

No stranger to the toy industry, Broadwater has worked on such popular toy lines as Batman, X-Men, Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Godzilla, Small Soldiers and many others. He's also a video game veteran, having been the Lead Artist and designer on a number of hit games, including Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and most recently, XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Legendary Monsters is a labor of love, Broadwater coming full circle to develop a toy line based on the fantastic stories he grew up with. Who hasn't been intrigued by the possibility of a monsters lurking in the shadows of the world?

For further details and to support Legendary Monsters, CLICK HERE. For as low as $25, not only will you receive one of the figures once the project reaches its goal, but you'll have the satisfaction of being someone who helped make it happen.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	missouri_solo.jpg 
Views:	1003 
Size:	425.3 KB 
ID:	58882   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	missourimonster.jpg 
Views:	2079 
Size:	230.0 KB 
ID:	58892   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mothman.jpg 
Views:	838 
Size:	188.3 KB 
ID:	58902   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mothman_solo.jpg 
Views:	443 
Size:	198.0 KB 
ID:	58912   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1monstergroup.jpg 
Views:	4911 
Size:	162.6 KB 
ID:	58832  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chupacabra.jpg 
Views:	1085 
Size:	172.9 KB 
ID:	58842   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chupracabra_solo.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	344.3 KB 
ID:	58852   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jerseydevil.jpg 
Views:	1454 
Size:	229.6 KB 
ID:	58862   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jerseydevil_solo.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	245.5 KB 
ID:	58872  
    Last edited by JeffSaylor; 04-17-2013 at 01:49 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Nevermore LEGENDARY MONSTERS Kickstarter

Whoa, I remember these prototypes from about 10 years ago.

You mean they're actually getting made this time?

If so, that's great news. I always felt sorry I never got my Jersey Devil and Chupacabra.

Ah, OK, I see we're supposed to sign up and make pledges to show our support. So how do the pledges work? We're charged now, or only if the project actually goes ahead or what?

I personally don't need any victim figures. That I can do on my own. I think they should get rid of the expensive bases + victims and use that money to make the monsters themselves another inch taller (except Chupacabra who's supposed to be small)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by S'laargorath View Post
    Ah, OK, I see we're supposed to sign up and make pledges to show our support. So how do the pledges work? We're charged now, or only if the project actually goes ahead or what?

I personally don't need any victim figures. That I can do on my own. I think they should get rid of the expensive bases + victims and use that money to make the monsters themselves another inch taller (except Chupacabra who's supposed to be small)
    I actually did research on this back when Shocker Toys was doing a kickstarter
    Well if you pledge your monies they take it for now but if the kickstarter fails you get your money back. Shocker Toys tried running a kickstarter and they realized they couldn't get the money so they went to gofundme. which isn't the same thing and you can scam people. Kickstarter is legit.
    Silence is Golden
    I love the smell of flowers
    did you just let one?

Well if you pledge your monies they take it for now but if the kickstarter fails you get your money back.
    This is not true.

Kickstarter does not charge you UNTIL the project reaches its goal. If it does not reach the goal, you are charged nothing. If it does reach the goal, you are charged on the date it ends - in this case, February 6th (Kickstarter is tied through Amazon, so if you have an account there, you're good to go). As mentioned, if you pledge at least $25, you're guaranteed a figure - if the project succeeds. So it's basically like pre-ordering a figure you like, except you helped make it. It's a win-win, no risk scenario if you ask me.
    Last edited by JeffSaylor; 01-09-2013 at 08:09 PM.

...and I am signed up!

Good luck to you Nevermore! I really hope you make it this time.

And I hope this will inspire other companies with cool ideas that never made it to production (like you Wheaty-Wheat Studios with your Girlz'n'Monsterz line) to give it one more shot.

Girlz'n'Monsterz
    I had forgotten about that line! So many good ideas that never made it (like all those planned Stan Winston figs... ugg!).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.