Movies/TV/Games: PACIFIC RIM Gets Collectibles

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

PACIFIC RIM Gets Collectibles

NECA and Sideshow Take On This Summer's Giant Robot Movie...

On deltorofilms.com, the official fansite of famed director Guillermo Del Toro, Del Toro himself has replied in response to upcoming PACIFIC RIM merchandise. He writes:

NECA is doing toys and a ton of apparel / accessories. SIDESHOW is doing a couple of diorama statues and there are two downloadable games in progress. This plus the comics and book novelization and a few etc.

Very good for an unbranded, non-sequel original property!!
    NECA in turn has posted the first Pacific Rim movie trailer on their facebook page with the message "It'll be a great year...". NECA's Head of Product Development Randy Falk confirms with us that they do indeed have the Pacific Rim license. Stay tuned for further details as Toy Fair approaches.

Pacific Rim is set in a world where soldiers piloting giant robots (known as Jaegers) battle against giant monsters (Kaiju) who have mysteriously risen from beneath the ocean. The film will be released in 3-D and IMAX 3D on July 12, 2013.

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance, the official insurance company of the Figures.com network. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, Toynk.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and MonkeyDepot.com.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pacific-Rim-02.jpg 
Views:	6705 
Size:	477.4 KB 
ID:	58192  
    Last edited by JeffSaylor; 01-03-2013 at 10:45 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: PACIFIC RIM Gets Collectibles

I have high hopes for this film and I really hope it can keep up with its Japanese mecha counterparts. 2013's looking like a great year for sci-fi; this along with Elysium and Oblivion.

That being said, bring on the awesome merchandise! With NECA and Sideshow in charge I'm sure we'll get some amazing pieces. Now if only they could revisit District 9...

YES!
    Two of the best grabbing this license is great news. I just hope that NECA focuses more on the Kaiju and Jeager mech's more then the pilots. Neca, if you are reading this. Please, don't give us 4 or 5 figures of the pilots in different armor. What I (and I'm sure many others) would like to see are figures of each kaiju and jeager. Going 1/4 scale would make them even better.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

NECA wants it to be a surprise of what they are making for Toy Fair, but I will say fans are going to be very happy

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.