Square Enix: NYCC12: Square Enix Scores STARSHIP TROOPERS

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

NYCC12: Square Enix Scores STARSHIP TROOPERS

"Invasion" Receives a "Hero"...

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance, the official insurance company of the Figures.com network. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, Toynk.com, PastGenerationToys.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and MonkeyDepot.com.

For action figures, statues and sculptures, go to CSMooreStudio.com.

On my train ride up to Manhattan for New York Comic Con, I passed the time checking out the latest entry in the Starship Troopers franchise: the CGI animated Starship Trooper Invasion. I really wasn't expecting much, despite my co-workers positive review (HERE). After all, everything after Paul Verhoeven's 1997 classic, including the animated Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles, to me has been a waste of time. While Invasion wasn't a complete homerun, the animated adventure packed some awesome action along with something that makes it really stand out: STYLE. Sure it had bug-hunting elements of ALIENS and a hefty dose of HALO in the new armor design, but it's these borrowed elements worked so well in breathing new life into what was becoming a stale series. And man, that armor design! At the end of watching Invasion all I could think about was how cool would it be to have an action figure...

Imagine my surprise when on NYCC Preview Night I stumbled across a prototype for "Hero," one of the main characters of Starship Troopers Invasion. And not just any action figure - a 9-inch tall hyper-articulated Play Arts Kai action figure from Square Enix. While details on the figure's release and pricing have not been decided upon yet, judging by the painted proto we'll be seeing the Hero Play Arts Kai hitting retail sometime in the first half of 2013. That gives you all plenty of time to check out Starship Troopers Invasion... then start anticipating the figure's release.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hero.JPG 
Views:	5524 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	40731  
    Last edited by JeffSaylor; 10-16-2012 at 10:58 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.