The Bridge Direct Shares More Details on THE HOBBIT Toy Line
Collection Hits Retail Monday, October 1st...
To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance, the official insurance company of the Figures.com network. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.
To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, Toynk.com, PastGenerationToys.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and MonkeyDepot.com.
For action figures, statues and sculptures, go to CSMooreStudio.com.
Almost a year after Warner Bros. Consumer Products announced that The Bridge Direct was named co-master toy partner for the upcoming The Hobbit Trilogy (Read our story HERE), the product line has finally made the journey to retail shelves. Beginning on Monday October 1, fans will be able to take home the authentic collection of toys, including 3.75” figures, 6” figures, collector packs and role play accessories, that are inspired by The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, the first film in the trilogy, a production of New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures (MGM).
Bringing The Hobbit to life for fans of all ages, the toy collection includes:
(For a look at most all these items, check out our photo gallery below and HERE.)
* 3.75” Scale Action Figures – Available in Bilbo Baggins, Gandalf the Grey, Thorin Oakenshield, Grinnah the Goblin and Legolas Greenleaf, these 3.75" scale action figures contain up to 12 points of articulation and replicate the authentic facial features, clothing, weapons and accessories of the character in painstaking detail. (For Ages 4+, SRP $7.99 each)
* 3.75” Scale Action Figure 2-Packs – These pairings of 3.75" scale action figures are available in four styles: Bilbo and Gollum, Balin and Dwalin, Kili and Fili, and Legolas Greenleaf and Tauriel, with both Balin and Tauriel being EXCLUSIVE to the 2-Packs at this scale in this series. (For Ages 4+, SRP $14.99 each)
* 3.75” Scale Figure Deluxe 2-Pack – Gandalf and Bolg prepare for battle with this set of 3.75" scale action figures pairing a key hero with a key villain. (For Ages 4+, SRP $17.99)
* 3.75” Scale Action Figure Box Set – Join Bilbo, Thorin, Kili, Fili and Dwalin, with this special box set for the avid collector. The set includes 3-5 weapons/accessories for each figure for posing and battling action. (For Ages 4+, SRP $29.99)
* 3.75” Scale Beast Pack – Every good villain needs a beast to ride into battle, and this 3.75" scale action figure beast pack has them both with Fimbul the Hunter and his Warg! Featuring authentic detail, these figures are sure to become collector's items. (For Ages 4+, SRP $19.99)
* 3.75” Scale Figure Battle Pack – One of the biggest and baddest creatures faces off with a key hero in this 3.75" scale action figure battle pack featuring the Goblin King and Thorin Oakenshield. Each figure replicates the facial features, clothing, weapons and accessories of the character in authentic detail. (For Ages 4+, SRP $29.99)
* 6” Scale Collector Figures – Available in Bilbo Baggins, Gandalf the Grey, Thorin Oakenshield, Legolas Greenleaf and Tauriel, these 6" scale collector figures feature intricate details based on the characters. Each with up to 12 points of articulation and authentic details replicating the character’s facial features, clothing, weapons and accessories, these figures are sure to become coveted pieces of movie memorabilia. (For Ages 4+, SRP $14.99 each)
* Bilbo’s Sword, Sting – Featuring motion-activated battle sounds and a glowing light, this deluxe role-play sword will give young fans the complete character experience. (For Ages 4+, SRP $19.99)
* 6” Dwarven Battle Axe – This role-play axe replicates in authentic detail the battle axe carried by Gloin the Dwarf. Now fans can re-enact key battle scenes at home. (For Ages 4+, SRP $12.99)
Several of the items are currently available for pre-sale orders at major online retailers, and the entire collection will be available in both mass and specialty retail chains nationwide come Monday, October 1.
Source: Edited Bridge Direct PR
Last edited by JeffSaylor; 09-28-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Re: The Bridge Direct Shares More Details on THE HOBBIT Toy Line
Rumblings in fandom are that people are very unhappy with what they're seeing of the finished product which looks much worse than the proto pix.
Poor paint apps and loss of detail between proto and mass production (especially on the smaller scale figs) makes me think they hired some inexperienced factory in China to make the molds.
So they have expanded the 6" line to 5 figures now? I've got enough Legolases I think so I guess I'm only really excited about the addition of Tauriel. Can't wait to see this fig!