Diamond/DST: DST Returns to 7-Inch STAR TREK Figures

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

DST Returns to 7-Inch STAR TREK Figures

New Star Trek Select Debuts with "Devil in the Dark" Spock...

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance, the official insurance company of the Figures.com network. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, RedfordFilms.com, Toynk.com, PastGenerationToys.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and MonkeyDepot.com.

For action figures, statues and sculptures, go to CSMooreStudio.com.

After a couple year hiatus, Diamond Select Toys is returning to producing 7-inch Star Trek action figures. This winter, DST plans to release the first in a line of Star Trek Select figures, depicting iconic characters from across the Star Trek universe. Each figure will come in DST's famous Select packaging, and will include a diorama-style display base as well as interchangeable parts to recreate scenes using that diorama.

The first release depicts Mr. Spock as he appears in the classic episode "Devil in the Dark". This figure includes a cave diorama with a Horta alien - the first Horta toy ever made! Spock himself will have interchangeable legs for standing or crouching poses, and interchangeable hands to hold a phaser or establish a mental link with the Horta. He even comes with an alternate screaming head. The figure will be available in early 2013, and will be followed by James T. Kirk, as well as numerous other important and fan-requested characters from the Star Trek diaspora.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1spockDST1.jpg 
Views:	1247 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	30911   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1spockDST2.jpg 
Views:	1189 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	30912   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1spockDST3.jpg 
Views:	1164 
Size:	158.5 KB 
ID:	30913  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: DST Returns to 7-Inch STAR TREK Figures

Well, I am glad that more Trek figs are finally on the release schedule, but not happy that it seems they will just be starting all over again with the main characters. Guess it's the pressure from retailers who only want "recognizable characters".

But what I really want are secondary characters and villains. I already have multiple Kirks and Spocks!

I'll get this one too (this looks like the nicest Spock head sculpt yet), but I'd still love some army-builders like Cardassian and Dominion soldiers, plus many other characters like 7 of 9 (Borg and humanized versions), Gul Dukat, Vorta Weyoun, Harry Mudd, Cirano Jones and some Tribbles, the Salt Vampire, Mark Lenard as the Romulan Captain and as Spock's father, Yeoman Rand, Nurse Chapel, a Mugato, etc., etc.

Now if we are just going to be starting all~ over again with the main characters --this time releasing them just ONE at a time-- it'll take 10 YEARS to get to any of those characters that I really want.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.