NECA: NECA's Quarter Scale WARRIOR Predator

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NECA's Quarter Scale WARRIOR Predator

"Ram" Hitting Retail This October...

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance, the official insurance company of the Figures.com network. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, RedfordFilms.com, Toynk.com, PastGenerationToys.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and MonkeyDepot.com.

For action figures, statues and sculptures, go to CSMooreStudio.com.

Previously revealed as an unpainted prototype at San Diego Comic-Con (see HERE), NECA's 1/4 scale Warrior Predator, aka Ram, comes into focus with this new photo showing it off in full color (pictured below). Look for Ram and a new Quarter Scale City Hunter (HERE) this October priced at around $70, similar to NECA's original Predator release last year (read our review HERE).

UPDATE: This figure will include collapsed spear. Another interesting tidbit is that the quarter scale Predator will feature all the super-articulation of the smaller 7-inch figure, including double-jointed knees.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1rampredbig.jpg 
Views:	5117 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	29749  
    Last edited by JeffSaylor; 08-03-2012 at 12:35 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: NECA's Quarter Scale Warrior Predator

a pass for me, same old chicken wire looking netting, as before.
    Last edited by JeffSaylor; 07-26-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Are the knees double joints?

Is there a painted prototype of the City Hunter 1/4 Scale yet? That's the one I'm most interested in! My favorite of ALL of the Predators I think...
    "Until next time...have FUN with your figures!!"

Jess C. Horsley

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

No painted pics of City Hunter yet (though I'm sure he'll be fully revealed soon). I agree, looking forward to him the most. Ram seems like an odd choice. I'd think an Elder would be higher on the list. Not sure on double-jointed knees. I know the first 1/4 scale Pred didn't have it - and honestly didn't need it. These are BIG figures that need solid support - I'd think double knees would create standing problems.

As for the "same old chicken wire looking netting" - I disagree man. It worked and looked GREAT on the first 1/4 scale Predator. I don't know what else you could do. What would you use?
    Last edited by JeffSaylor; 07-26-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Odd choice yes but I think the color scheme and helmet distinguish it enough to warrant a buy from me.

But City Hunter will be amazing I can tell. These 1/4 scale figures really are NECA's finest products.

Are the knees double joints?
    Well what do you know, the new 1/4 Predators (City Hunter and Ram) WILL feature the new double knee joint! Same articulation as the newer 7-inch figures.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffSaylor View Post
    No painted pics of City Hunter yet (though I'm sure he'll be fully revealed soon). I agree, looking forward to him the most. Ram seems like an odd choice. I'd think an Elder would be higher on the list. Not sure on double-jointed knees. I know the first 1/4 scale Pred didn't have it - and honestly didn't need it. These are BIG figures that need solid support - I'd think double knees would create standing problems.

As for the "same old chicken wire looking netting" - I disagree man. It worked and looked GREAT on the first 1/4 scale Predator. I don't know what else you could do. What would you use?
    nylon same as hot toys. this cheap stuff neca is using breaks way too easy and looks like chicken wire.this is my opinion, for $80 +, they could get the netting right, for such great sculpts.

Yeah, nylon would look good too. Matter of opinion, but I think the stuff they use now looks and holds up fine. I mean I guess if you snagged it on something it could tear (as could nylon) but I personally haven't had an issue posing my fig. I think for the price point, size and sculpt that these are an amazing value. Hot Toys' $150+ Preds are nice, but NECA's dwarf them and look equally nice at $70. To me it's a no brainer which to get.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffSaylor View Post
    Yeah, nylon would look good too. Matter of opinion, but I think the stuff they use now looks and holds up fine. I mean I guess if you snagged it on something it could tear (as could nylon) but I personally haven't had an issue posing my fig. I think for the price point, size and sculpt that these are an amazing value. Hot Toys' $150+ Preds are nice, but NECA's dwarf them and look equally nice at $70. To me it's a no brainer which to get.
    the netting on my p1 was torn in the box, before i opened it. i wish they would use the sculpted netted bodies and just paint the netting, it would be easier for the factory to paint at this scale.this is only my opinion, i respect yours as i hope you do mine.

Oh indeed! No argument here.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.