Movies/TV/Games: SDCC12: Elysium

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SDCC12: Elysium

SDCC12: Elysium

"You Won't Find A Better Home On Earth"...

Be sure and enter Sideshow's SDCC Captain American Bucky Barnes Premium Format Figure Giveaway!

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance, the official insurance company of the Figures.com network. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, RedfordFilms.com, Toynk.com, PastGenerationToys.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, and MonkeyDepot.com.

For action figures, statues and sculptures, go to CSMooreStudio.com.

Looper (see our story HERE) wasn't the only new movie at Comic-Con that caught me by surprise. From District 9 director Neill Blomkamp comes Elysium, a big budget science fiction film set for release March 1, 2013 by SONY Pictures.

In the year 2159, two classes of people exist. The first are the very wealthy "Coordinators," people who can afford bio-genetic engineering, live on Elysium (pristine man-made space station built by the Armadyne Corporation). The rest live on an overpopulated, ruined Earth. Secretary Rhodes, a hard government official, will stop at nothing to enforce anti-immigration laws and preserve the luxurious lifestyle of the citizens of Elysium. That doesn’t stop the people of Earth from trying to get in, by any means they can. When unlucky ex-con Max is backed into a corner, he agrees to take on a daunting mission that if successful will not only save his life, but could bring equality to these polarized worlds.
    On display outside the convention was a huge spaceship from the movie (pictured below). Inside, a robotic travel agent (above) spoke with Con-goers about taking a trip to Elysium... starting as low as $250,000,000. At first I thought the robot was some type of sophisticated program - it's answers were both startling accurate and funny. However, I soon spied a little camera behind the booth, the illusion blown, but still no less humorous. After asking your name, the "robot" would pose questions like "Do you have $250,000,000 to travel to Elysium?" This usually led to people replying "yes". This in turn received a response like "Show me the money" and the person waving their hand in front of the robot. The agent would reply "You're just waving your hand at me. I don't trust you 'insert person's name' ". A "Just kidding, ha, ha, ha" would quickly follow, the robot then asking "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?" You had to be there.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5346.JPG 
Views:	1748 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	29557  
    Last edited by JeffSaylor; 07-25-2012 at 11:08 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.