Movies/TV/Games: PROTOTYPE 2 Pre-Order Incentives Revealed

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

PROTOTYPE 2 Pre-Order Incentives Revealed

Exclusive steelbook case, Dark Horse comic, more...

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance, the official insurance company of the Figures.com network. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, RedfordFilms.com, PastGenerationToys.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, SmallJoes.com, MonkeyDepot.com, and Urban-Collector.com.

Set to launch worldwide on April 24, 2012 on the Xbox 360, PlayStation3 computer entertainment systems, and on July 24, 2012 for Windows PC, U.S. gamers who pre-order PROTOTYPE 2 from Amazon will receive a unique code allowing them to instantly download the first issue of the Dark Horse Prototype 2 comic, 'The Anchor', (cover pictured above) detailing the downward spiral of Alex Mercer.

For Best Buy, in addition to a Hardened Steel Vehicle Armor upgrade, fans who purchase the game will receive a unique Prototype 2 steelbook case not available anywhere else in the U.S, while supplies last (pictured above). Additionally, Best Buy will be hosting an exclusive chat with the developers from Radical Entertainment that will take place on April 23, 2012 from 6:00 - 8:00pm CST. Stay tuned for more details on how to participate.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er9XTcft2Mc&lr=1"]RADNET[/ame]

Players who pre-order Prototype 2 secure access to the RADNET Edition content, a collection of 55 free in-game Events, Challenges, Avatar Items, Dynamic Themes and Behind-the-Scenes videos, bonus Mutations for Prototype 2's main campaign as well as an Alex Mercer playable skin, delivered for seven weeks following the games launch. For more information on RADNET, please visit radical.ca/radnet. Check out the Prototype 2 RADNET Edition content trailer above.

The sequel to Radical Entertainment's best-selling open-world action game of 2009, Prototype 2 takes the unsurpassed carnage of the original Prototype and continues the experience of becoming the ultimate shape-shifting weapon. As the game's all-new infected protagonist, Sgt. James Heller, players will cut a bloody swathe through the wastelands of post-viral New York Zero with unparalleled locomotion, building up a vast genetic arsenal of deadly, biological weapons and abilities as they hunt, kill and consume their way toward the ultimate goal - to kill...Alex...Mercer!
    Source: Radical Entertainment

While I'm not blown away by the incentives (and saddened by the lack of a cool collectible-packed bundle), I am pretty excited about Prototype 2 and it's promise to surpass the first game. While a fan of the original Prototype, I was disappointed by the abrupt difficulty spike mid-way through the game. I consider myself a pretty good gamer, but what I experienced in Prototype was a game killer. Here's hoping they balance the game better in the sequel. Regardless, you can count me in for some carnage.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dark Horse - Prototype 2 - Comic Book - Page 1_01.30.12.jpg 
Views:	2948 
Size:	379.1 KB 
ID:	26229   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xbox Steelbook.jpg 
Views:	13163 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	26230  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.