BigFishToys: MASS EFFECT Action Figures to Return

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

MASS EFFECT Action Figures to Return

Previously cancelled Garrus, Miranda, Legion and Mordin back from the dead...

News is out that EA and BioWare will be offering eight (8) Mass Effect action figures as part of the 2012 release of Mass Effect 3. These will consist of the re-release of DC Direct's Series 1 figures from last year - Shepard, Tali, Grunt and Thane - as well as the previously cancelled second assortment consisting of Garrus, Miranda, Legion and Mordin. These are currently available for pre-order through BioWare's online store with an April/May 2012 release date.

The Mass Effect figures are being brought back by a company named Big Fish Toys; DC Direct having lost the license after the late release of Series 1. Here's hoping fans get a third series. More news as we receive it...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1masseffectfigures.jpg 
Views:	10293 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	24085  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: MASS EFFECT Action Figures to Return

Excellent news!

Very excited to hear.

At the same time, I am going to hold out till I see pics of actual production pieces. Not sure what to expect with this new company.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

These are the same figures that DC Direct had already produced. Prototypes of Series 2 were shown at trade shows (see our story HERE). I've asked Big Fish for more information (haven't heard back) but it sounds like they simply acquired DC Direct's license and tooling. If anything, I hope they can improve the figures by adding some additional points of articulation.

yeah, I am happy they are using the same sculpts, but I guess I am more wondering about paint apps and quality control. A nice sculpt with Jakks Pacific type paint makes for sub-par figures. I hope they will do the license justice.

What do you know about Big Fish? Are they looking to become another player in the adult collectible market, similar to NECA?

What do you know about Big Fish
    Absolutely nothing - why I tried to contact them. Hoping to hear back.

Smile Re: MASS EFFECT Action Figures to Return

I cant wait, have to admit have already pre-ordered series 2. Was so dissapointed when DC Direct canceled the 2nd wave. also am hoping if they do well we will see more characters from Mass Effect ( we need an Asari )

yeah, this is really good news. i'm looking forward to getting my hands on Garrus, perhaps even Legion; he looks pretty cool. i do wonder if the re-releases of series one will offer up a Sheppard with a new head sculpt. the previously released Sheppard was cool, but the head sculpt was hit or miss. i will say this though, he looks much better in person. the production pics didn't do it justice.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.