CARD BACK: Yellow Submarine's RESURRECTION OF MONSTRESS (1998)

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

Yellow Submarine's RESURRECTION OF MONSTRESS (1998)

More twisted beauties from the creative mind of Yasushi Nirasawa...

Yellow Submarine's RESURRECTION OF MONSTRESS

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance. Say "Figures.com" to get 5% off your first term premiums.

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, RedfordFilms.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, SmallJoes.com, MonkeyDepot.com, and Urban-Collector.com.

For Gears of War and other collectible video game statues and replicas, visit TriForce.

For statues and sculptures, go to CSMooreStudio.com.

If Yellow Submarine's Resurrection of Monstress action figures remind you of Fewture's Devilman and Ninadolono (see our CARD BACK HERE), that's because they were all designed by legendary Japanese illustrator, Yasushi Nirasawa. "Monstress" came first, however, released in 1998 and depicting twisted female versions of the Universal Monsters. Some even had a rock 'n roll vibe to them which only added to their surrealism. Being a huge fan of the Creature From the Black Lagoon, I snagged Gillealla. Bizarrely attractive sculpting aside, it was the wealth of odd accessories and the unusual display base that made this figure really shine. The late '90s were truly creative toy times.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YelloSubMONSTRESSfront.JPG 
Views:	1956 
Size:	257.6 KB 
ID:	23233   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YelloSubMONSTRESSback.JPG 
Views:	5995 
Size:	276.1 KB 
ID:	23234  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Yellow Submarine's RESURRECTION OF MONSTRESS (1998)

So what's Nirasawa up to these days anyway? There seemed to be lots of his stuff coming out around 10 years ago but now you don't hear of any products relating to him anymore (I'll feel like a total knob if it turns out he's dead or something, LOL)

And is Yellow Submarine still in operation?

Yeah I totally miss the cool lines like this and the Devilman figs that Japanese companies used to put out.

I snagged the vamp in this line. I LOVED the tons of cool accessories she came with. Still might pic up Frankensteela and the Phantom of the Opera one too someday for the same reason (hey that's right, there was a series 2 of these too, right?)

Re: Yellow Submarine's RESURRECTION OF MONSTRESS (1998)

Yellow Sub is gone as far as I know. Think they closed shop around 2000 or so. They had a nice Edward Scissorhands (before McFarlanes) that was like one of their last releases. And yes, there was a Series 2 - the Phantom of the Opera being in that wave. Not sure on the rest.

According to wiki, as of 2009 Yasushi Nirasawa was busy with Kamen Rider stuff, and yes, he appears to still be alive

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.