MOTUC: Illumina Day! December 15th

Figures.com

Closed Thread

MOTUC: Illumina Day! December 15th

This idea was inspired by a suggestion in the MattyCollector Illumina thread I read from Bruticus and I have been working on it since then.

Now, I'm ready to introduce Illumina Day!

Direct image URL: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6238/...cbdc9ffe_z.jpg

This is a fun event meant for fans of Illumina to help spread the word about the character and show your support for her. You can take part in this even if you had no idea who she was before reading this thread. If you think she and/or her cat would make a cool figure in MOTUC, you should take part!

You can check out my site if you have questions about the event:

Illumina in MOTUC - Illumina Day!

(You can find signature banners and advertisement posters there as well)

The main image to re-post on other message boards should make everything pretty clear. I hope you guys participate!

Direct image URL: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6047/...e20d5852_b.jpg
    Last edited by •ONEYE•; 11-13-2011 at 10:14 PM.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: MOTUC: Illumina Day! December 15th

I have some new images to share! I made some collage photos to show potential parts re-use and Illumina's creator updated his MOTUC Illumina concept the next day based upon the newly available MOTUC parts. So, here are all the pics!

Here's the sketch turnaround image by Illumina's creator to see all the details of Illumina's top, skirt and tiara:

Last edited by Darkspecter; 10-23-2011 at 08:30 PM.

I've been getting some questions about where Illumina came from in MOTU. That's a bit of a complicated story, but she was a character from the 2002 MOTU comic book. Here's the scoop:

Illumina is a character meant to make her first appearance in MVCreations' MOTU Volume 3, Issue 4 comic. She was to have the story line in the bio that's on the image I posted. The variant cover of Issue 4 (showing Illumina and her Cat) was advertised in Volume 3, Issues 1, 2 and 3. Then, she never appeared in Issue 4 because Mattel instituted a "no new characters" policy and put a strict limit on the characters that could be used and the stories that could be told. This could have been because the 2002 toy line or show wasn't doing as well as they would have liked, but I'm not 100% on that. Other companies have put restrictions like this in comics and TV shows too. The Justice League Unlimited cartoon was not allowed to use Superman or Batman supporting characters and villains for a period of time, for example.

Anyhow, since that time, Illumina has gotten sort of a cult following over the years. It began when she kept being advertised though, with MVC readers wondering who she was and how she would fit into the story.

Here's the last advertisement of Illumina from Volume 3, Issue 3:

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just a reminder that Illumina Day is only 35 days away! If you want to take part by drawing, baking, sculpting, painting, gluing or sewing something...it would be a good time to get started (if you haven't already)!

A new fan page for Illumina just started up! This is the type of page you just hit the "like" button to follow. It will be easier to manage and follow. Pictures/Galleries are SO simple and easy to view on fan pages, but not so much in a Group.

Anyway, I encourage everyone that's interested in getting an Illumina figure in MOTUC one day, to join the new page!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Illumina/126879017421493

When Illumina Day takes place, I will also add all the entries to the page to share with everyone!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.