Movies/TV/Games: THE THING Prequel Hits October 14th

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

THE THING Prequel Hits October 14th

"It's not human, yet."

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance. Say figures.com to get 5% off your first term premiums.

To get your figures graded, go to ActionFigureAuthority.com.

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, SmallJoes.com, MonkeyDepot.com, and Urban-Collector.com.

For Gears of War and other collectible video game statues and replicas, visit TriForce.

For statues and sculptures, go to CSMooreStudio.com.

For t-shirts, take a look at 80sTees.com.

Universal Pictures has ramped up promotion for the October 14th release of THE THING, the prequel to John Carpenter's 1982 sci-fi/horror masterpiece of the same name. Hot on the list is a shocking new viral campaign that cleverly fools viewers into thinking they are watching an innocent (or provocative) video. Check out one example HERE. Whether the movie lives up to the hype or not, this YouTube promotion is brilliant.

Next is an application, the "It Will Become You" Custom Video Creator. Upload a video using YouTube or your Webcam to create a custom video that ultimately transforms you into THE THING.

Lastly, there is the Augmented Reality Flamethrower Game, a first-person shooter for your Android or iPhone. You have to use your flamethrower to survive an attack of "Things". At the end of the game, you can then infect yourself by taking a picture with your camera, uploading and morphing your photo into an infected user. Fans can download it for free through Android Market and iTunes, respectively.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thingprequelfairuse.jpg 
Views:	651 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	22566   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1thinggame.jpg 
Views:	1118 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	22567  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: THE THING Prequel Hits October 14th

John Carpenter's 1982 classic is one of my favorite movies and is nearly perfect as far as horror films go. It is just an outstanding piece of cinema enhanced by the fact that there were no crappy sequels/prequels or remakes to bog it down.

Needless to say I was unhappy about their decision to make a prequel. One of the best parts about the original was its open-ended nature. The Norwegian Camp massacre is left to the imagination of the viewer and we are left with some gaps in the story (such as the origin of the spacecraft) as well as the infamous unresolved ending.

This film wants to answer the questions that I never wanted the answers to in the first place. It's like the Alien prequel. Maybe I'm better off not knowing who the Space Jockey was. It keeps a sense of mystery in the original.

That being said I will go see this movie but I have one thing to say before I do so: You better not f*** this up.

Thumbs up Re: THE THING Prequel Hits October 14th

I'm with you all the way.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.