September 3-4...

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with Collectibles Insurance. Say figures.com to get 5% off your first term premiums.

To get your figures graded, go to ActionFigureAuthority.com.

To buy action figures, take a look at BigBadToyStore.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, SmallJoes.com, MonkeyDepot.com, and Urban-Collector.com.

For statues and sculptures, go to CSMooreStudio.com.

For t-shirts, take a look at 80sTees.com.

The Great Texas G.I. Joe & Action Figure Expo VII invades the Metroplex on Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 3-4, at the Arlington Convention Center.

Enthusiasts from across the United States come to browse one of the largest action figure shows in Texas. The expo features more than 90 dealer tables featuring action figures and accessories – both vintage and new. Collectors track down rare pieces and uncover an arsenal of fun and fascinating toys, including G.I. Joe, Star Wars figures, Marvel Comic Figures, and many more.

The 501st Legion and the Mandalorian Mercs will entertain Star Wars fans with their character portrayal and amazing costumes, from Stormtroopers, to Darth Vader, to Boba Fett. Both groups raise money for charities nationwide.

Military and historical enthusiasts can visit and talk to members of the Texas Military Historical Society and the Trench Club Reenactors Group, and check out period uniforms from both World War I and War II. Armored Cars, Jeeps, and other military vehicles will also be available for public viewing and photographing.

Visit greattexasgijoeshow.com for more information about the expo, including guidelines for the Great Texas Action Figure Show Custom Figure Contests, the expo hotel, hours of operation, directions, parking, prices and more.