"I am the law!" - Judge Dredd

San Diego Comic-Con coverage brought to you by Tonner, Collectibles Insurance, and Big Bad Toy Store.

As previously reported (see our story HERE), Britain's longest running sci-fi comic - 2000 AD - had formed a new partnership with Planet Replicas to produce replica props taken straight from the worlds of 2000 AD's most famous characters - including Judge Dredd.

Posing for fans at the 2000 AD Comic-Con booth was Judge Dredd himself. Actually it was PR Coordinator Michael Molcher dressed as Judge Dredd, which was pretty surreal when I spoke to him. The Judge Dredd costume will be offered to fans in the near future as one of their first replicas. It will be sold as a complete set, Lawgiver included, but there are plans to offer items individually as well, the helmet in particular. More details as they develop.

Aside from the cool costume, 2000 AD had their very limited, very cool Judge Dredd shirt for sale (see our story HERE) as well as tons of their popular comics for sale, all reasonably priced. I picked up Shakara and some ABC Warriors - two outstanding sci-fi reads.