Mezco: SDCC11: New Video Game Licenses Acquired

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

SDCC11: New Video Game Licenses Acquired

Uncharted 3, Earthworm Jim, and Ratchet & Clank...

San Diego Comic-Con coverage brought to you by Tonner, Collectibles Insurance, and Big Bad Toy Store.

Mezco shocked Comic-Con attendees with the reveal of three major video game licenses: Uncharted 3, Ratchet & Clank, and Earthworm Jim.

Uncharted 3 had been hinted at way back with Toy Fair, but the unveiling of an action figure for the license really took us by surprise. Fans will get a figure of the game's hero - Nathan Drake (pictured top) - later in 2011. The approximately 7-8 inch tall figure will feature limited articulation, but an amazing sculpt.

The adorable duo of Ratchet & Clank will also receive the action figure treatment, as well as a pair of plush dolls. Look for these later this year.

The game license that took us back the most was Earthworm Jim. The classic SEGA run and gun platform game has always been a favorite of mine, and according to the rep we spoke with at SDCC, a big favorite of Mezco's CEO Michael "Mez" Markowitz as well. Fans can expect an Earthworm Jim plush item, as well as an incredible looking action figure which will include an alternate head and out-of-suit earthworm body. Look for these Earthworm Jim collectibles to drop in 2012. Asked if more characters are planned, such as Psy-Crow, Evil the Cat, etc., the answer was that Mezco is going to wait and see how well Earthworm Jim performs at retail before thinking about expanding the line.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: SDCC11: New Video Game Licenses Acquired

Did Mezco happen to say if the Earthworm Jim figure will have any useful articulation? I see ball shoulders and I assume some waist, wrist, and neck, but is that it? Seems like Mezco's toys are starting to go the way of McFarlane's. I can always hope, though!

I'm def gonna get earthworm jim. I hope there aren't like 8 face variants and it's just one figure that'd be a major selling point. Also as small as the pocket rocket is I don't see why they couldn't give him more leg articulation and throw in the pocket rocket.
    Silence is Golden
    I love the smell of flowers
    did you just let one?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yeah I was hoping the same about the heads. Makes me wonder what else would be changed if they decided to do variants. Usually head swaps aren't enough these days to warrant a second buy. But it would be totally awesome if they were all included!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.