Square Enix: New Play Arts Kai Figure Licenses Announced

Figures.com

+ Reply to Thread

New Play Arts Kai Figure Licenses Announced

Batman, God of War, and Uncharted...

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.

To get your figures graded, go to ActionFigureAuthority.com.

For a great selection of video game action figures and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com, ToyWiz.com, Urban-Collector.com, NeutralZ.com, and Sekaido.com.

For a great selection of pop culture apparel, check out 80sTees.com.

UPDATE 7-20: Square Enix made an error with their listing. The previously labled "Gears of War" is in actuality GOD OF WAR. Still, very exciting news!

Breaking news from Square Enix. In an email I just received, it lists the action figures the company will have for sale and on display at San Diego Comic-Con. It reads as follows:

On Sale:

· DISSIDIA Play Arts Kai
    · METAL GEAR SOLID PEACE WALKER Play Arts Kai
    · Limited Event Edition Red/Blue HALO figures

Prototypes Only:

· BATMAN
    · DEUS EX
    · GOD OF WAR
    · STREET FIGHTER IV
    · UNCHARTED
    · VANQUISH

More details on this exciting announcement tomorrow when the Comic-Con officially opens its doors.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	square_enix_logo.jpg 
Views:	17709 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	20884  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: New Play Arts Kai Figure Licenses Announced

After their Halo figures, I can honestly say I have no interest in seeing them tackle Gears. I bought Noble 6, Emile and Jorge and while the paint apps and little details are great, their proportions where just so off and they had WAY too many loose joints. Emile's hip kept popping out it was so weak. I went through two Lightnings from their FF line because of hip problems as well. So far these new Play Arts Kai bodies are amazing but really hit or miss quality wise. I showed Noble 6 to my gf and she asked if it was "the chick spartan I told her about" because his child bearing hips and tiny waist. The Gears are even bulkier looking than Spartans, I really don't think SE can handle it. Especially after seeing their so called Master Chief. I've been a big fan of SE for years and have a lot of their pieces, they're fantastic, but the only line of their's that has ever disappointed me was Halo. I'm interested to see their take on Batman since he can and has been depicted as leaner and more martial artist like in build, which is definitely the place SE needs to stay body wise, because they've got that knocked out. Lean almost femme guys, check. Bulky big soldiers, major not check.

Re: New Play Arts Kai Figure Licenses Announced

I want the Vanquish figures. Yeah Neca did such a good job with Gears I wouldn't want to see Square Enix with their sleak animeness take on Gears either. I'm excited about the vanquish figure though cause Sam looks awesome. That game was on crack and it was fun. KNEEE SLIDE OF THE APOCALYPSE!
    Silence is Golden
    I love the smell of flowers
    did you just let one?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.