BATMAN: YEAR ONE on Blu-Ray and DVD
Coming October 18th from Warner Home Video...
To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.
To get your figures graded, go to ActionFigureAuthority.com.
For a great selection of superhero action figures and collectibles, check out fine sponsors BigBadToyStore.com, BriansToys.com, ToyWiz.com, Urban-Collector.com, SmallJoes.com, NeutralZ.com, and Sekaido.com.
For a great selection of pop culture apparel, check out 80sTees.com.
Frank Miller's classic retelling of Batman's gritty, formative days makes its full-length animated debut in Batman: Year One, the next entry in the ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original Movies.
Produced by Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, the all-new, PG-13 rated film arrives October 18, 2011 from Warner Home Video as a Blu-ray Combo Pack ($24.98 SRP) and DVD ($19.98 SRP), On Demand and for Download.
Batman: Year One depicts young Bruce Wayne's return to Gotham City in his first attempts to fight injustice as a costumed vigilante. The playboy billionaire chooses the guise of a giant bat to combat crime, creates an early bond with a young Lieutenant James Gordon (who is already battling corruption from inside the police department), inadvertently plays a role in the birth of Catwoman, and helps to bring down a crooked political system that infests Gotham.
Voice talent includes Bryan Cranston as Jim Gordon, Ben McKenzie as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Eliza Dushku as Selina Kyle/Catwoman, and Katee Sackhoff as Detective Sarah Essen. Alex Rocco is the voice of crime lord Carmine Falcone.
Animation master Bruce Timm is executive producer of Batman: Year One. Directors are Lauren Montgomery (Superman/Batman: Apocalypse) and Sam Liu (All-Star Superman) from a script penned by Academy Award nominee Tab Murphy (Gorillas in the Mist, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse).
Batman: Year One Blu-ray Combo Pack has almost 3 hours of content, including:
- Feature film
- Sneak Peek at Justice League: Doom, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
- DC Showcase Animated Original Short – Catwoman: This all-new entry to the growing canon of DC Universe animated shorts features the first first solo tale centered around Catwoman. The felonious feline’s adventure takes her through the seedy streets of Gotham City. Catwoman is voiced by Eliza Dushku (Dollhouse, Tru Calling).
- Featurette – Heart of Vengeance: Returning Batman to His Roots: "The Dark Knight Returns" provided the denouement of Batman's life. Frank Miller's next seminal work would provide his near-mythic origin in “Batman: Year One.” This documentary uncovers the contemporary genius of Miller and the audience that was poised to appreciate the depths of his work.
- Featurette – Conversations with DC Comics: The Batman creative team at DC Entertainment discusses the personal influence of Batman: Year One on their careers. Batman producer Michael Uslan leads the chat amongst well-known writers, editors and artists of the Batman lore, focusing their dialogue on the darker, realistic interpretation of Batman’s origins by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli
- Audio Commentary with Alan Burnett, Sam Liu, Mike Carlin and Andrea Romano
- Batman: Year One, Chapter 1 Digital Comic Book
- Two bonus episodes from Batman: The Animated Series, handpicked by Bruce Timm
- Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
- Digital copy on disc of the feature film compatible with iTunes and Windows
Source: Edited Warner Home Video PR